The YouTube Rabbithole

YouTube started suggesting off road recovery videos, and I've got to say they're pretty wild.
Started off with this one, which I think someone didn't have enough truck, but had enough sense to get out and walk away.

This one was seriously sketchy. Took some real risks extracting that Jeep.

Comments

• Yeah I love that guy's videos. I just watched both of those! Hmmmm.... something something algorithm
  • Probably because i watched that video of the Amorok.
  • I think these days I watch more YouTube videos than television.

Though...
    I am getting kind of frustrated by the quantity of commercials they are shoving into everything.
  • Slap put some kind of ad blocker on my home machine, but I don't have that at the city office, and some videos have a commercial every three minutes. It's unusable.
  • edited July 26
    "nbody" - Slap put some kind of ad blocker on my home machine, but I don't have that at the city office, and some videos have a commercial every three minutes. It's unusable.

I think they get rid of the ads if you subscribe.

Also, I have heard that if they detect an ad blocker that they actually send you MORE commercials that can't be blocked.
  • I have Adblock Plus on Firefox on the laptop, and I don't get adverts on Youtube. On my phone I have chrome with no blockers and I get adverts half the time.
  • I took that to mean that those channels without ads were demonitized.
  • Tonight's submission.

• “it is kind of disappointing that none of them got superpowers and turned into hulks”

lol
  • Thank Zed. I already didn't trust the government.
  • edited August 7
    If we fucked up that badly, imagine what we still don’t know about Soviet-Russia.
  • Imagine what we still don't know about our own fuckups.
  • I think I posted something about some of our own "oops" in the past that involved dropping nukes on US territory. At least 10, IIRC.