A typical GOOD conversation with a progressive...

HIM: "...Ohio is being unconstitutionally governed..."

HER: how so?

ME: You know you can read the constitution online, right?

HER: I wasn’t aware you were a constitutional scholar.

ME: You know it's written in English, right?

HER: What law school graduated you?

ME: You believe a person needs to attend law school to understand the constitution, when it was written in English, based on 600 years of English Common Law, has thousands of pages of contemporaneous writing about it explaining exactly what the founders AND ratifiers were thinking; AND was based on the writings of well known philosophers such as Locke, Jefferson and Paine?

HER:

ME:

HER:

ME:

Comments

• So, you banged?
  • I only date professional women.
  • edited May 21
    Leftists worship lawyers. Virtually every presidential and vice presidential candidate for the Democrats since Carter has been a lawyer (exceptions: Lloyd Bernsen, Dukakis veep, and Al Gore, but only because he failed law school).

The Democrat Party is a lawyer's guild masquerading as a criminal conspiracy masquerading as a political party.
  • On the other hand, Leftists hold some of the least competent lawyers and most ridiculous legal opinions in high esteem. Leftists don't worship *good* lawyers, because the law, when practiced well, is an impediment to the arbitrary use of power.
  • They don't like all attorneys.

"Darn" Lols. I was tempted to say something like, "If you get over that, maybe you can learn something" but I doubt that most of the cesspoolers even read the exchanges between you and Bave that could actually be informative. So many over there seem to not even read their own links beyond the headlines.
  • VadGTI is an attorney.
  • That simple guy has the most appropriate screen name I’ve ever seen. Other than Carlos Danger.
  • I swear the mental age of most of the posters over there can't be more than about 23.
  • "I swear the mental age of most of the posters over there can't be more than about 23."

I have a terrible fear that lurks at the periphery of mind. I catch glimpses of it, but then look away in fear. I'm not ready to face its consequences.

What if people at the 'pool are above average?

The social consequences are so profound that reassessing what mankind really is can't be avoided. If Kierkegaard had come to the question, he wouldn't have made his leap. Maybe ancient aliens showed Hitler the 'pool of the future just before he told Eva she would get the wedding she always wanted.
  • Holy shit Zuk.

I'll be drinking scotch in the middle of the freeway if you need me.
  • Well, half the people have below average IQs.
  • I firmly believe that if Kierkegaard existed during the age of the internet he would be an obscenist and not absurdist. The dissonance of reality is not just incongruent, it's vile. Internet Sisyphus masturbates, cries and laughs while jealously pushing HIS rock.

BTW, MC, when she asked "How so?" did you think your response was engaging?
  • I didn't really care. I just wanted to fuck with her.
  • I gave up discussing this online right about the time people were saying "Trump told people to inject bleach." If people got that from his quote there was no chance for any good faith discussion and I don't have the same appetite for online discourse as most of you. I know completely misrepresenting what he said is a 4 year pattern but for some reason that was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

I don't know if the posters at the pool or the woman in the original example are average or above average but from my time in various forums, comment sections and twitter they are definitely typical. It's always the same smug superiority and condescention mixed with some revised history and complete misrepresentations or misunderstandings although I believe it much more the former than the latter. I particularly like the current pivot from "You're all fools for wanting to reopen" to "No one said we didn't want to reopen".
  • Spot on for the last point. Just a couple weeks ago the dominant refrain was that people worried about the economic effects of a government ordered recession value money over human life.

The last four years have been an opportunity to observe and learn how gripped by their emotions behave, and not just the average or stupid ones, but people in competitive positions too.

We've all seen video of the chinese american reporter-ess who responds to DJT's "Maybe you should ask Ghina" quip by pulling her virtue mask down to ask why he said that to her specifically.

There's a whole party who just spent couple of decades pushing out anyone with reservations about abortion as a constitutionally guaranteed right, who are now indignant that a low risk antimalarial is being prescribed by a doc to DJT.

DJT exposes the central belief of his adversaries -- that he is bad. He makes this irresistible to them, and they seem to fall for it every time. Pelosi calls him fat. Suddenly a low risk drug is deadly. Reporters decide that they will try to run his press conference. Mika Brzezinski publicly schedules a call with a media owner to get DJT booted from it.

DJT doesn't look like a model of good behavior while he does this, but he sucks his opponents into exposing the belief from which they act in a way that's very hard to miss.
  • C’mon guys...

They only want to keep it shut down until November 4th.
  • The transition from accusing him of waiting too long to shut everything down to accusing him of destroying the economy is also in full swing. I think back to a comment I made here right after the election that at the time I thought was just a hyperbolic attempt at humor but was much closer to the mark than I could have anticipated. It really does seem like if Trump said breathing air is good the progs would all collectively hold their breath.
  • ^^^This forum needs a "like" button.
  • If Trump walked on water they would call it a national embarrassment that he couldn't swim.

If he cured cancer they would take up for the rights of Tumors.

If he single-handedly held off an alien invasion they would protest on behalf of the oppressed indigenous bugs of Klendathu.
  • “The transition from accusing him of waiting too long to shut everything down to accusing him of destroying the economy...”

Rectify narrativeshirk “the economy” rectify and bellyfeel Obamaconomy destroyed by orangebad.
  • Nah. If he cured cancer they'd just blame him for skyrocketing unemployment rates among oncologists.
  • "It's always the same smug superiority and condescention mixed with some revised history and complete misrepresentations or misunderstandings although I believe it much more the former than the latter. I particularly like the current pivot from "You're all fools for wanting to reopen" to "No one said we didn't want to reopen"."

Great summary. They are relentless.
  • The "No one said we didn't want to reopen" claim isn't the whole truth if it omits the qualifying clause, "but our greater desire is that the government stop the reopening." Claiming a desire for a freedom that they actually want the government to restrict isn't a sincere desire for that freedom.

I can't tell which cesspoolers are consciously dishonest about it, or whether they have been so retarded by Orwellian language and Marxist "educators" that they don't even realize how incomplete and misleading that claim is.
  • Some didn't claim they didn't want to reopen, they just mocked and derided every effort to open. It was a very Tool move, complain without a solution.