Ohio people, what is up with this bill?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/nov/29/ohio-extreme-abortion-bill-reimplant-ectopic-pregnancy

Can we have the legislature arrested for practicing medicine without a license? Because now they are just inventing nonexistent medical procedures.

Comments

• While it is true that the “life begins at conception“ crowd has a better argument than the “life begins at birth“ crowd; shit like this is just nonsensical virtue signaling.

A more rational argument would be that human life reaches the point where legal protections should attach once the baby has developed enough that the brain is showing brainwave patterns indicative of higher cognition abilities.

We use the cessation of these brain waves to indicate the end of life, ergo; it is only logical do use their initiation as a marker for the beginning of life.

That said, I do not expect to see rational, fact based, non-emotional discussions on this subject within my lifetime.
  • I have no idea if the procedure is possible or not but doesn't that part of the bill just protect the physician from liability if they attempt it while also preserving the life of the mother?  There is no directive the doc has to do it.

Fake news.
  • The procedure does not exist
  • I have no idea if the procedure is possible or not but doesn't that part of the bill just protect the physician from liability if they attempt it while also preserving the life of the mother?  There is no directive the doc has to do it.

Fake news.

Looks like.

That bill is a 700+ page mess. I lightly skimmed it, but the article seems a bit hysterical. It doesn't require a re-implantation procedure and appears to permit abortion where an adult woman has given consent to the procedure so long as the consent is of the same quality as other surgical procedures. p. 162

The drafting style seems to involve running through hypotheticals, then stating whether they are prohibited or subject to prosecution. That leads to the problem of having a fellow at the table who asks "What if we can implant/relocate an ectopic pregnancy but a doc decides to throw it away without the patient's consent?".