So - If I Were to . . .

turn the CGT into a track car, should I keep the 2011 base Cayman, dump the Cayman for a 4.8L V8-powered 2010 Panamera 4S, or dump the Cayman for a 2007 997.1 911 Carrera?

Sorry - did I say "I"? I meant #AskingForAFriend.....

Comments

• What your “friend” should do is head over to the Toy Barn, buy an AC Cobra clone and race THAT.
  • My friend can't afford a $70k replicar.
  • The Factory 5 cars are MUCH less than that.
  • Ah-HA!  I KNEW my State Farm premiums were too high.
  • 996TT and Miata BMW for track days.

The CGT was never a good track car - too heavy, lots of steel in front of the F axles, and outclassed by same age VWs.  The 5cyl sounds cool, compared the the VW 4, but that's it.
  • edited September 23
    2500 lbs. is heavy? I realize a FF setup isn't ideal, but it's not a bad place to start.
  • Another option is to get the Panamera 4S and track that.... :D
  • Every time I price a track car it comes out cheaper and better to buy a used track car vs build one.  At least that's my armchair take on it.
  • Every time I price a track car it comes out cheaper and better to buy a used track car vs build one.  At least that's my armchair take on it.

Well that's only because it's cheaper and better to buy a used track car vs building one.

No armchair about it.  Universal rule is that it is cheaper and quicker to realize track time with a used race/track car than to build.