Some people did something.

Comments

• I'm outraged.
  • NYT Reports World Ending

Women & Minorities Affected Most
  • There has to be a way to stop this.
  • Jeebus.  This chick may be dumber than Ms. Kruschev.

• Dumb & Dumber

• At least we were spared a lot of "um(s)", and "like(s)" in her ham-fisted grandstanding. I will also compliment her for not ending every declarative sentence with a question mark. That's a little better than Brooklyn Evita would have done.
  • I'm fascinated by the accent.  Part north African, part American urban.
  • Seabird said:

At least we were spared a lot of "um(s)", and "like(s)" in her ham-fisted grandstanding. I will also compliment her for not ending every declarative sentence with a question mark. That's a little better than Brooklyn Evita would have done.

"Uptalk" is an infuriating speech pattern.
  • edited April 11
    dgm said:

• edited April 11

Right?
  • 2.FOH. said:

Right?

I see what you tried to do there...
  • nbody said:

This chick may be dumber than Ms. Kruschev.
    She may be an obvious manipulator, and an obvious manipulator may seem a poor one, but on those who desire the manipulation it works like a charm.
  • I actually had an attorney uptalking routinely while presenting his case in hearings.  He took the criticism pointing it out pretty well.

It was much worse than another attorney, a woman, who was low talking all the time in hearings.  I get women not wanting to sound childish or squeaky, but going way too far in the other direction when they don't have a particularly high voice for a woman, is just odd.
  • "Some people did something."
  • Cortez (& Talib) came to her defense of course. 

Talib brought out the "She was speaking truth to power" line, right on cue.
  • Slap said:

It was much worse than another attorney, a woman, who was low talking all the time in hearings.  I get women not wanting to sound childish or squeaky, but going way too far in the other direction when they don't have a particularly high voice for a woman, is just odd.

• It is amazing how many articles and videos are out there calling her voice fake.
  • Slap said:

I actually had an attorney uptalking routinely while presenting his case in hearings.  He took the criticism pointing it out pretty well.

I bet he complained to his husband though.
    Slap said:

I get women not wanting to sound childish or squeaky, but going way too far in the other direction when they don't have a particularly high voice for a woman, is just odd.

Do they do this even if you don't call them "cupcake" in hearing?
  • This country was founded on the ideas of justice, of liberty, of the pursuit of happiness. But these core beliefs are under threat. Each and every day. We are under threat by an administration that would rather cage children than pass comprehensive immigration reform. ~ Ihan Omar Apr 2019

“We must confront that our nation was founded by the genocide of indigenous people and on the backs of slaves, that we maintain global power with the tenor of neocolonialism” ~ Ihan Omar August 2017

• Gosh, it's almost as if she doesn't actually mean anything she says.
  • To be a progressive you first have to have a deep capacity for hypocrisy.