You don’t have to endorse Trump’s attacks on the integrity of Robert
Mueller, his mockery of his former Attorney General Jeff Sessions, or
his distorted view of the Justice Department to find the dynamic here
unsettling. Trump was basically told that he’d be investigated and
smeared for years over Russia collusion that didn’t happen, and if he
objected and wanted to make it stop, they’d investigate him for that,
too.

Comments

• A round of drinks at the next Illuminati dinner says that they fucked with the wrong guy this time.
  • edited March 26
    Depends who "they" are.

I think DJT's instinct is to nurture the controversy to illustrate the injustice rather than seek to resolve it.

Resolving it would mean re-opening Comey's non-prosecution decision re HRC's email abuse, prosecuting Comey for his leak of government docs to media as part of a conspiracy to have a special counsel appointed, and sifting back through fraudulent FISA applications, and probably pardoning Flynn and Popadopoulous.  Cohen and Manafort are different matters.

Nurturing the controversy would mean calling on Congress to hold hearings that would lead to reform of the FISA process and exactly what in the culture permitted career Justice personnel to see political retribution as their entitlement.  That may pay a greater electoral dividend.
  • So its a bet?

• Does Carter Page have any civil recourse?
  • A bottle of Jameson 18 year versus a case of Clausthaler, ok, 4 cases of Clausthaler, lol.
  • Depends who "they" are.

I think DJT's instinct is to nurture the controversy to illustrate the injustice rather than seek to resolve it.

Resolving it would mean ...

Nurturing the controversy would mean... That may pay a greater electoral dividend.
  • This could be interesting (if anything actually comes of it):

"WASHINGTON—Attorney General William Barr will ask a team inside the Justice Department to examine the origins of the counterintelligence investigation into the Trump campaign’s possible ties to Russia’s interference in the 2016 election, he told Congress on Wednesday."
  • edited April 10
    I don't suppose we know every last thing about the origin of the counter intelligence investigation, but from what we have seen, it seems a lot like a college prank.  Dude, we should totally start an investigation on that a-hole who took the nomination, and leak it to Chad at NYT so he can publish it.

Then when the river of tears began, it took on a larger life.  Now that they are standing in Dean Wormer's office, it might mean fewer yucks for them.
  • The abuse of power inherent in the weaponization of government institutions for nakedly political reasons either has consequences or it doesn’t.

• MC Escher said:

The abuse of power inherent in the weaponization of government institutions for nakedly political reasons either has consequences or it doesn’t.

That's easy.  It generally doesn't.  Lois Lerner isn't breaking rocks anywhere.  McCain-Feingold weaponized criminal law in full view of the people who voted for it.
  • My point is that if it is not dealt with THIS time, it is an implicit admission that the govt is too corrupt to fix.
  • MC Escher said:

... too corrupt to fix.

I got that feeling in '98 when the Democrats voted to acquit Bill Clinton on the charge of perjury for lying under oath about not having a sexual relationship with Monica Lewinsky.  After the blue dress was public knowledge, every Democrat in the Senate voted to acquit Bill Clinton on the charge of perjury.  Until every one of those Democrats has retired or resigned, I can't help but view their concern for the "rule of law," now that Trump's in office, as partisan opportunism.
  • You invoked Clinton's penis (Bill's), you have just sent the Bat Signal to tool.
  • Fuck Tool.
  • Not with your dick and zuki pushing.
  • Ewwwwwwwwwww
  • Would that be helping tool push in his stool?
  • I attempted to visualize this act but I can't decide how many of you are in the Tool manwich.  Regardless, it's very pale and not pretty.
  • I'm no gazer.
  • Do not visualize that
  • Does anyone sell mental eye bleach, for when you really need to forget an image?  Minor liver damage is acceptable.  Yes, I'm trying to change the subject to booze, but any other subject is likely to be an improvement.