Masterpiece Cakeshop - Part II

The Colorado Civil Rights Commission, the commission who sought to punish Jack Phillips for refusing to act contrary to his religion, and reversed by the US Sup. Ct. didn't find the Sup. Ct's decision sufficiently persuasive.

It again moved against Jack Phillips for refusing to make cakes that celebrate gender transition and Satanism.

The problem is less the bigots who know who he is and demand that he design and produce a Satanism cake, and more the bigots who populate the Civil Rights commission.  Someone in the CO AG's office thought having the CCRC losing the argument once was better than losing it twice, so the action will now be dismissed.

Comments

• I just hope they had to give him a YUGE payout.

This is also why I would have told Colorado to get fucked in the first place.
  • I am glad that they have a truce, but I doubt very much that the state paid him a fucking dime. The level of blatant anti-religious animus displayed by the commission here was disgusting, and he should have sued the state and won.
  • This story reminds me of why I don't like RBG, her dissent on the original decision was depressing.
  • This story reminds me of why I don't like RBG, her dissent on the original decision was depressing.

Because it was so poorly reasoned, or because it is based on alleged facts not supported by the record?
  • Yes.  I would like to believe the USSC are some of the best and brightest, I'd like to believe the RBG hype that she overcame tremendous odds using an intellect and aplomb that that is the best of us... what I get from her dissent on this and many other cases is poor reasoning and emotional bias.  She's the perfect argument for a constructionist judge.