Fun commute

edited February 20 in Everything and Nothing
This AM brought freezing rain & heavy snow.

They didn't plow any of our back roads. 
Took 25 minutes just to get to I77 (usually takes 5)

I77 is a snow/ice covered mess (15-20 mph)

So much ice builds up on my wipers that it looks like they're encased in solid ice.
At one point, traffic stops so I turn the wipers on high to see if I can break the ice off.
The damned driver side wiper breaks off of the arm. Too much weight, I assume.
I retrieve it. Others are having the same issue.

So I get to finish my commute with no wiper on the drivers side.

Took ~ 2 hrs to get to work.

Comments

• edited February 20
    Hit the car parts place on the way out of the office?

The morning news showed things down your way closed.  The good news should be that it should be raining on the way home.

Yesterday morning the sun was out and we all became morlocks, so wrecks were abundant.  I almost turned around at the 45 minute mark, but persisted and made it downtown in an hour-ish.

This morning was ice/snow/sleet, but no wrecks and 20mph traffic.

I too have a pen and phone.  I stay home and use them when tings are the way you describe traffic.
  • I stopped at the auto parts place at lunch.
    Good thing, it's raining now.

I came this --> <-- close to working from home, but didn't think it was going to be that bad.

As I walked through the front door, I complained: "Who's the dumbass that didn't call a plow for the parking lot?"
    (our new VP of operations was planning a visit)

Of course the plant manager was right around the corner.
  • I too have a pen and phone.

High Quality obama laughing Blank Meme Template
  • ZedZed
    edited February 21
    We've had so much rain its ridiculous.   I was going to drive my truck up to my barn (over grass) to get a rake so I could clear the culverts on my driveway due to a lake building up... only I started slipping so I backed onto the asphalt again... only my rear wheels didn't stay on the asphalt and I ended up sliding down a grassy/muddy slope and ended up with the back side of the truck up against a tree and (fortunately only) popped my rear light assembly.  A couple hours later my neighbor pulled me off the tree/mud with his 4x4.  Rear light assembly $171 shipped. Whee.
  • My original flight was canx, my new flight was delayed. My layover was long, I drank Tito's in CLT. Nothing weird happened. Yet...
  • Zed said:

We've had so much rain its ridiculous.  

So the drought's over.
  • I think its safe to say the drought will be over till 2023.
  • My original flight was canx, my new flight was delayed. My layover was long, I drank Tito's in CLT. Nothing weird happened. Yet...

That means you're not trying hard enough