Some input from our oldest, dearest friends...

...There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think

‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’

is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:

Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.

You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss.

After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form;

He is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit.


«1

Comments

  • This from the people who coined the term, "taking the piss".

    But sure... Let's take a lesson from the folks who can't get their own Brexit house in order.

    /unimpressed
  • vwtool said:


    You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

    As opposed to the prior 44 flawless people who held the office?

    A an analysis that casts american political differences in terms of personal affinities reflects the countenance of the analyst.
  • Seabird said:

    .../unimpressed




    You're here to remain unimpressed by anything other that the odor of familiar flatulence. Your wife could read your posts here, move out, and your reply would likely be the same.
  • nbody said:

    ...As opposed to the prior 44 flawless people who held the office?...




    Your fascination with Clinton's penis is already well-established.
  • vwtool said:

    Your wife could read your posts here, move out, and your reply would likely be the same.




    Exercise your foresight and don't make this about you. You would be better served by reposing material you read elsewhere.
  • nbody said:

    ...Exercise your foresight and don't make this about you...

    That no one participates here who doesn't share your world-view doesn't seem to trouble you. Nor does the apparent consensus that "Dem=communist," or the serial, reflexive denigration of women, people of color and pretty much anyone who might be considered an "outsider" in your Norman-Rockwell vision of America.

    Now, the entire island of England is dismissed, too, for demonstrating concern about our current condition. A condition you regard as "normal" because you foolishly equate Trump's smashing of all norms of the office with the relative peccadilloes of previous presidents.

  • edited February 17
    vwtool said:

    Seabird said:

    .../unimpressed




    You're here to remain unimpressed by anything other that the odor of familiar flatulence. Your wife could read your posts here, move out, and your reply would likely be the same.


    You are certainly an expert on the appreciation of one's own discharges.

    Your obsession with my wife is a little weird. Can't get your own?
  • Seabird said:

    ...You are certainly an expert on the appreciation of one's own discharges.


    Your obsession with my wife is a little weird. Can't get your own?



    The subject isn't really flatulence, or wives, it's insularity.
  • vwtool said:

    nbody said:

    ...Exercise your foresight and don't make this about you...

    That no one participates here who doesn't share your world-view...
    That is both false and a non sequitur. Making your posts about other peoples' families is myopic.
  • Oh yeah...
    This nippleheads is definitely worth keeping around.
  • vwtool said:

    Seabird said:

    ...You are certainly an expert on the appreciation of one's own discharges.


    Your obsession with my wife is a little weird. Can't get your own?



    The subject isn't really flatulence, or wives, it's insularity.




    Despite your best efforts to troll your way through here, your account remains open and available to you. There is no obligation to agree or even respect your opinion. That you can’t muster a thought worthy of respect is another matter entirely.
  • Take your own advice, Nancy:

  • The subject isn't..., it's insularity.
    Funny thing about insularity is that there is a happy medium; where there is a deficiency, there is a lack of common ground necessary for effective communication.

    When you wrote:
    That no one participates here who doesn't share your world-view doesn't seem to trouble you.
    You were wrong about at least two things, first, not everyone here shares the same world-view to the extent you believe just because you're a radical outsider.

    Second, and sorry if this seems too personal: You're a person; not a nobody.  Even so, you behave like a divorced woman in her 50s who gets into a new abusive relationship just as soon as she's gotten out of her last abusive relationship.  In other words, you seem to get some kind of satisfaction out of keeping company with people you respect, and you don't seem to respect people unless they abuse you.  That seems to be why you say/write stupid/petty trollish things (there certainly isn't an obviously better reason for what you write).  It may seem like you just can't get by without someone to smack you down.  I don't believe that's true.  Maybe you need to find the company of people who like you for who you are.

    Are you likely to find that here?  If not, what are you really after?
  • I like how The Daily Kos hopes that if they package their message in an alleged British accent it might prove their irrationally biased point(s).

    This was my favorite line - 
    He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.*

    *Citation needed
  • edited February 18
    Holy shit, tool...Thanks so much for posting that article! You know, this whole time I've thought, gee
    Trump's really super sweet & totally awesome! & I agree with everything he says, even if it's not always 
    factually & semantically correct, 
    ..I mean that part's not really that important, right?"

    ...but thankfully, you had the foresight to copy & paste a thoughtful snippet from some British guy to help me to realize just 
    how wrong I was! (kudos for it coming from such an unbiased source, too....that's important!)

    I for one am so glad you participate here. You're like this ever steady, rock solid moral compass to help guide us
    as to how we should talk & what we should think & I look forward to your next, insightful post.


  • Slap said:

    ...Funny thing about insularity is that there is a happy medium; where there is a deficiency, there is a lack of common ground necessary for effective communication...

    I'd say the "happy medium" lies near the point where a language becomes a dialect, which is where you gents seem to be. The few people who wander in here looking for "discussion" discover that though we share words, we don't really speak the same language.
    Slap said:

    ...not everyone here shares the same world-view to the extent you believe just because you're a radical outsider...

    You share a few key traits, despite your differences, and that's what unites you. You demonize nearly the entire world outside of your narrow view, just for the sake of this "discussion" you seek. Every Dem is a commie; every media faux-pas is proof that all media is "fake news;" every suggestion that the economy operate on some principal slightly more regulated than free-base-capitalism is deemed "Socialism!"

    That you think I'm a "radical" is proof of this.

    Slap said:

    ...you seem to get some kind of satisfaction out of keeping company with people you respect, and you don't seem to respect people unless they abuse you....




    I try to respect everyone as a person in their presence, but it's my contention that showing respect is something that can only be done effectively in person. Online, all "discussion" tends to devolve to what we witness here.

    You of course have the right to express any views you wish, and I respect that right even if I don't respect what you choose to do with it.
  • edited February 22
    2.FOH. said:

    Holy shit, tool...Thanks so much for posting that article! ...



    You're welcome.

    For the record, the view expressed in the article line up pretty closely with what I hear from my English and European friends. Among their other thoughts, they're concerned about us. They shared a faith borne of decades of experience that we were somehow better than this, and they're shocked by this turn of events even though they were aware of the darker side of the American character, what Hunter Thompson called "dark, venal and incurably violent."
  • Are they the same Europeans Trump is proposing we help defend against continuing aggression by Comrade Putin?



    they were aware of the darker side of the American character, what Hunter Thompson called "dark, venal and incurably violent."

    If you had said "human character", you'd be accurate.
  • vwtool said:

    Every Dem is a commie;





    Next up for auction is one signature line. It's provenance involves being pulled from a rectum that's produced some low value items, but we think you'll agree that this one distinguishes itself as a future treasure.

    We'll start the bidding at $1.
  • edited February 22
    .75 cents!
  • Not even one full penny?  This fellow's two cents must surely be worth more, sir!
  • Ok but anything above that gets taxed at 70%

    That's only fair, right?
  • Big Penny
  • edited February 22
    I refuse to support Big Sphincter and its homogenized low quality outrage!
  • vwtool said:


    For the record...


    For the record, everything you believe is bullshit. That’s based on the nonsense you have been posting since you arrived here.

    For the record, when you first showed up here I did try to engage you and I treated you with such deference and respect that the others found it noteworthy and commented on how it was out of character for me.

    It did not take long to discover that I was wasting my time and effort.

    The others may want to treat you like a chew toy but I see no point in bothering.

    Either you already know that you’re full of shit or you are incapable of understanding.

    Which of those possibilities is true is even less relavent than you.
  • vwtool said:

    You demonize nearly the entire world outside of your narrow view, just for the sake of this "discussion" you seek. Every Dem is a commie; every media faux-pas is proof that all media is "fake news;" every suggestion that the economy operate on some principal slightly more regulated than free-base-capitalism is deemed "Socialism!"


    That you think I'm a "radical" is proof of this.

    The evidence of your radicalism is in your inability to distinguish between the indisputable truth that some Communists have influenced and voted with the Democrats, and "Every Dem is a commie."  Your exaggerations don't prove anything about anyone else.
  • You're not impressing anyone with your ridiculous strawman arguments.
  • Strange, when I asked my English friend he said the following - 
    "Oy Guv'nuh!  That Trump is a proper gent giving the world a good rodgering (if ya know what I means  **wink wink, nudge nudge).  Best American president that me and me mates ever laid eyes on.  Off to get some tea, pip pip cheerio!"

    My euro friends have said similar things but since you don't understand euro it's useless to try and enlighten your little brains.

  • edited March 2
    MC Escher said:

    ...For the record, when you first showed up here I did try to engage you and I treated you with such deference and respect that the others found it noteworthy and commented on how it was out of character for me.

    It did not take long to discover that I was wasting my time and effort...

    I appreciate the effort, as I did much the same thing when I first arrived. I thought a good-faith effort might make a difference, but the inherent dynamics of online interactions don't allow for a discussion of any substance.
  • vwtool said:

    I thought a good-faith effort might make a difference, but the inherent dynamics of online interactions don't allow for a discussion of any substance.




    Let's not blame the internet for your failure to discuss substance.
Sign In or Register to comment.