Comments

• This leads to interesting framing.  The dems get to make their message that people entering illegally and without any federal controls isn't an emergency, but slightly warmer weather is.
  • I like how they’re claiming that Trump is using an enactment of Congress to go around congress.
  • nbody said:This leads to interesting framing...

Is this more of Trump totally acting like all the presidents who preceded him because,
    something, something, Bill Clinton's penis + intern's mouth?
  • MC Escher said:

I like how they’re claiming that Trump is using an enactment of Congress to go around congress.

They do get a bit hysterical.  Unlike BHO's pen and phone that resulted in non-enforcement of tax law pertaining to the ACA, or his directive to faithfully enforce the laws, immigration laws included, DJT has only announced an emergency, an announcement clearly within his authority.  Congress can't very well argue that building a border wall is illegal since they just approved funding for that very activity.  The funding sources for whichever action DJT takes will determine whether the funding is constitutional.  I'm hoping that dem activists will push Pelosi to seek an injunction.

If this emergency announcement doesn't unbalance dems enough, maybe DJT could inter some japanese people.
  • As I grind on this issue, I keep coming back to the same question... What exactly is it that he wants to build and where?
  • A wall.

On the Messican border.
  • Oh, good. Why don't they just say so?

Define "wall". Are we talking about a 20' high contiguous concrete barrier from the mouth of the Rio Grande, through the National Butterfly Center, through private ranchland, into NM, AZ and CA until it hits the Pacific?

Or are we talking about a mix of fencing, natural barrier augmentation, solid concrete barriers, and/or electronic monitoring w/ onsite personnel?
  • Pretty sure they have said so. Over and over again.
  • Sure, ok.
  • You should pay more attention.
  • edited March 16
    The specific location and composition of addition wall isn't the issue.  It's going to involve some imminent domain and  is planned as several hundred miles of additional wall.

The issue is that the democrat position has been that they don't want wall even where they wanted it previously because it is a high profile DJT campaign promise.  The more radical democrat position is that a wall that controls immigration is wrong in concept.
  • I don’t care about the Democrat’s position. I want to know for my own edification. I have looked for the details. Maybe my Google Fu is poor.