Ralph Northam, not the punch line

So Northam makes a statement about abortion that probably says more about media who ignored it than Northam himself.  Then Northam is reported to have appeared in blackface in his medical school yearbook, apologized for having done it, then denied having done it.  As it looks as if Northam, a man worthy of contempt for different reasons, is circling the drain and people are looking to his Lt. Gov. to step up...

Lt. Gov. Fairfax is accused of sexual assault.  Dems don't Kavanaugh him though.  Despite the rule that women must be believed, Fairfax isn't condemned by fellow dems.  We are assured this is on the merits, since the next in line to be the governor is also a dem.

Then this.

"RICHMOND, Va. — Virginia sank deeper into political turmoil Wednesday when another top Democrat — Attorney General Mark Herring — admitted putting on blackface in the 1980s, when he was a college student."

Virginia's search for a democrat who neither raped anyone nor wore blackface continues.

Comments

• You characterized this as "not the punchline", but its pretty funny to me.
  • & Northam apparently did the black face routine for a Michael Jackson get up too.

I wanted to see him break into a moon walk.
  • Supposedly a reporter asked him if he would do it and his wife had to wave him off. Not kidding.
  • Oh, and since the guy who is fourth in line, the dems will figure out a way to rally around one of the other three in order to preserve the party's power. We'll hear, "Oh, it was a long time ago.", and/or, "Well, we don't really know what happened.", and/or "He has since apologized and it was such a different time back then.".
  • Seabird said:

Supposedly a reporter asked him if he would do it and his wife had to wave him off. Not kidding.

It’s not supposed. I heard the clip.
  • Fair enough. I hadn’t heard the clip, just about it.
  • edited February 7
    MC Escher said:

Seabird said:

Supposedly a reporter asked him if he would do it and his wife had to wave him off. Not kidding.

It’s not supposed. I heard the clip.
    Seabird said:

Fair enough. I hadn’t heard the clip, just about it.

As I recall, the reporter asked if he could moonwalk, Northam responded in the affirmative and looked back to check for space to do it.  At that point his wife broke in with "...in appropriate circumstances", and Northam acknowledged the rebuke with a look.

He didn't showcase great judgement, but at least he didn't rape anybody or kill any babies.

I don't want to appear in blackface, rape anybody, or kill a living infant unless the mother wants it. I don't want to kill anything in blackface or recently born, or deliver anything raped or blackfaced, or rape anything recently born or blackfaced, or effectly repair any blackface, infanticide comments or rape. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.

• I heard from someone who was there that he started to do that lame white guy dancing thing with the shoulders and elbows, which is when his wife saved him.
  • Has all of politics always been such a fuckshow of a circus, and I just didn't notice?
  • dgm said:

Has all of politics always been such a fuckshow of a circus, and I just didn't notice?

Kinda, though you did used to need to go to the French parliament to get this level of batshit.
  • I always enjoyed a good Japanese parliamentary brawl, myself.
  • nbody said:

...Virginia's search for a politician who neither raped anyone nor wore blackface continues.

ftfy
  • vwtool said:

ftfy

You've been watching too much CNN.  Northam isn't a Republican.
  • edited February 7
    He has to go somewhere is escape the pervasive decency of this place.

Democrat luminary Joy Behar gets in on the blackface thing.

"Photo of Joy Behar dressed as ‘beautiful African woman’ resurfaces"

• Too bad Whoopi wasn't there.

She could've reminisced about the time Ted Danson dressed up in black face. 
  • edited February 7
    We learned about that in school, you know, along with the Holocaust and other human rights calamities.

I don't care for Northam, but is it possible that wearing black make-up or shoe polish isn't really as big a deal as some people pretend it is?  Tool is the Walmart of cheap racial BS, and he hasn't posted in condemnation of Northam's blackface.  Maybe it says something about the democrat party specifically and the exquisite sensitivity cultivated by middle class americans that no one tells wholesellers of humorless outrage to lighten up (Francis).

Eddie Murphy's White Like Me is a classic, Dave Chappell's character in my avatar is usually funny, and I don't know the name of the film, maybe it was a Tyler Perry film, about a couple of AA lads who use make up to pass as white sorority girls.  It's only an asymmetric multiculturalism that makes one a good joke and the other doubleplusungood.

• Democrats NEED to constantly fan the fires of racism and identity politics.

If they slack off for even a moment, the menagerie of identity groups they’ve woven together are likely to remember they hate each other.
  • Ha-ha!

"our diversity is our strength" - Nancy Pelosi
  • The last time that many democrats in white got together they were burning a cross.
  • So would that be a Democratic cross-burning? Or just a Democrat cross-burning. I'm confused now.
  • "It was wrong of me to culturally appropriate white culture, as I am only 1023/1024th white European colonizer."

Funny
  • "During a private meeting on
    Monday, Virginia Lieutenant Governor Justin Fairfax reportedly had some
    pretty harsh words for the woman who accused him of sexual assault.

According to NBC News reporter Jonathan Allen, Fairfax said “f*** that b****”:"

https://pjmedia.com/trending/report-va-lt-governor-justin-fairfax-lashes-out-at-accuser-f-that-b/

• I believe they prefer the term Bitchocratic.
  • edited February 8
    2020 presidential candidate Julián Castro says he's still calling for Governor Ralph Northam's (D) resignation after a racist yearbook photo appeared and says he believes Dr. Vanessa Tyson's accusation of sexual assault against Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax (D-Va.).
  • "Like Saturn, the Revolution devours its children." 
  • Seabird said:

Oh, and since the guy who is fourth in line, the dems will figure out a way to rally around one of the other three in order to preserve the party's power. We'll hear, "Oh, it was a long time ago.", and/or, "Well, we don't really know what happened.", and/or "He has since apologized and it was such a different time back then.".

Quoting myself here because I think that I was partially correct. It looks like the Virginia democratitians are coming around to "forgiving" Northam saying his was a racist act, but that he's not really a racist. In the meantime the Democratical Party as a whole gets to figure out how to handle their growing outward hostility towards Jews.
  • A significant majority of blacks in VA said they don't want him to resign.