SOTU - 5 February 2019

2»

Comments

• It was more entertaining than the Super Bowl.
  • Seabird said:

It was more entertaining than the Super Bowl.

And ironically, I watched neither.

It’s far more entertaining to listen to people talk about it the day after.
  • That’s how boring the Super Bowl was. Literally no one at work on Monday was talking about it. I started to post a thread here about how boring it was. And also to complain about how the commercial about that show with the gals in the little red riding hood outfits co-opted Reagan’s “Morning in America” ad. But then I was like, “meh”.
  • I wouldn’t have thought it would be a State of the Union address that would cause me to coin the phrase “Nurse Ratched cosplay brigade”, but those are the times we live in.
  • dgm said:

Even google is in on it.

The "it" is that deep-state of fundamental human decency you're here to avoid.

• Seabird said:

The comfort zuk feels showing such obvious contempt and disdain for his own wife is indicative of the general toxicity of this entire place. Why everyone else in the world has left here is no mystery. The fact that you all remain should make your own shortcomings obvious...

Well-stated.
  • edited February 7
    vwtool said:

Well-stated.

"I learned to write parodies like this from watching you, Dad! I learned if from watching you!" -1980's PSA

Idiot.
  • vwtool said: dgm said:

Even google is in on it.

The "it" is that deep-state of fundamental human decency you're here to avoid.

Only someone with skin like tissue could ever think using the term
    Democrat party is indecent..

• Using the word Democrat to refer to Democrats can't be a slur or indecent.
  • dgm said:

Using the word Democrat to refer to Democrats can't be a slur or indecent.

Your logic and white privilege are so intertwined you can't tell where one ends and the other begins.  You are clearly a racistic.
  • Bigotryism has no place in society.
  • edited February 7
    Come on guys.  We all know its rude to fail to call something Democratic when someone else wants to call something democratic.

Apparently all you savages need a lesson in basic human decency.

• This conversation is getting pretty Naziic.
  • edited February 7
    Deplorablisticism
  • vwtool said:

Well-stated.

Really good satire should overshoot the mark a bit so that it can be recognized as satire.

I clearly failed.
  • No. The inability of someone to recognize obvious satire is correctly viewed the same way as an inability to recognize sarcasm. It's a mental deficit indicative of dementia.

• Sane Privilage
  • edited February 7
    #UsToo

(Schizophrenicism movement.)
  • edited February 7
    dgm said:

No. The inability of someone to recognize obvious satire is correctly viewed the same way as an inability to recognize sarcasm. It's a mental deficit indicative of dementia.

That's a great article.  Very helpful.
  • nbody said:

dgm said:

That's a great article.  Very helpful.
    God Dammit
  • Seabird said:

...Really good satire should overshoot the mark a bit so that it can be recognized as satire..

Exactly. Observing the reality of your circumstances, then typing them, isn't satire.
  • The reality is that you're a humorless whackjob e-stalker whose behavior and actions are so far beyond the mark you can't be caricatured.