Alan Gura repping a brewery

1A case, based on the government's failure to issue labeling approvals for beer.

https://t.co/EPQnEWavEs

Comments

• And why does the govt have to approve a fucking LABEL?
  • Because they said so. Next question.
  • That way you'll know how many calories beer has, citizen.
  • But the fucking labels don't even have calorie count on them! Some don't even have ABV%.
  • dgm said:

But the fucking labels don't even have calorie count on them! Some don't even have ABV%.

It's a holocaust of insufficient labeling.
  • A LITERAL HOLOCAUST!!!!

Look, all I want to know is how fat and fucked up I'll get when consuming the product.
  • dgm said:

But the fucking labels don't even have calorie count on them! Some don't even have ABV%.

Ingredients? Oh, that's right beer labels don't have ingredients listed. What are they approving? Spelling? Color palette? Recycled fiber content?
  • Mouthfeel.
  • edited January 16
    I just read the complaint.  That's hilarious, and a great reason to hope the "shut down" continues.
  • Yeah - the more the unwashed public starts to learn about all the dumb things that our government interferes with, the better.
  • edited January 16
    I like setting a whole argument forth on principle, but I can't deny the efficacy of using a small issue as a wedge.  Gura doesn't deny that the feds have authority to regulate labelling, but alleges that simply telling his client that it may not publish a label indefinitely fails all free speech standards.  Just as with Heller, the narrow issue argued was that Heller should be allowed, literally permitted, to keep one handgun in his home, but the point proven was greater.

I'd like to see someone with a pending form 4 bring a similar action on the ground that his right to have one is being denied without any process whatsoever and that his rights shouldn't be infringed just because the fedgov is shut down.
  • ZedZed
    edited January 16
    I submitted a Form 4 last January, and it still hasn't cleared. Allegedly it is hung up on the FBI background check.  Which makes no sense since I've had carry permits and global entry both granted in a few weeks to a few months and those both included in-person interviews as well as background checks, and both cost less than a tax stamp, even combined. Oh, and I haven't been convicted of any disqualifiers either. (Or charged, for that matter :P )
  • Zed said:

I submitted a Form 4 last January, and it still hasn't cleared. Allegedly it is hung up on the FBI background check.  

Maybe you had a Russian tea biscuit and they just want to complete their investigation before issuing a report.
  • Da, Collusion!!

I mean Yes!
  • Opyat eto der’mo?
  • "Northeast D.C. brewing company Atlas Brew Works is asking a federal judge to allow it to sell “The Precious One,” a cheekily-named, apricot-infused IPA that the brewer has been rendered partially unable to sell thanks to the federal government shutdown. "

• It was on Market Place last night too.