I'm going to surround myself with the best people.

2»

Comments

• Qwinn said:

Funny that we both see Romney's position as reinforcing our own.

Eric alluding to having nothing to be bitter about re: Mattis is what I was referencing.
  • jennifer said:

Qwinn said:

Eric alluding to having nothing to be bitter about

That would be a misreading of my post.
  • 2.FOH. said:

...I hope a couple of solid Supreme Court Justices are worth it.

No. It won't be "worth it." Trump has smashed too many of the norms of the office to go back to what we consider 'normal.' Someone smarter than him can now follow his example and do real damage.
  • edited January 3

No. It won't be "worth it." Trump has smashed too many of the norms of the office to go back to what we consider 'normal.' Someone smarter than him can now follow his example and do real damage.
    Well then, how about three solid Supreme Court picks?

• vwtool said:

2.FOH. said:

So DJT isn't doing any "real damage", he has been faithful to his campaign representations on judicial nominations, he is trimming illegally applied executive regulation, modestly reducing FIT burdens for most people, but having to read tweets entirely in line with his character during the campaign outweighs the positive aspects of his actual execution of the office?

The public discourse arising from the prior three execs has involved lying about blowing baby glue all over the dress of an intern about his daughter's age, shrill accusations that GWB is stupid even though his grades were better than the democrat he beat and referring to him as Hitler, and a president who made lots of promises about nationalized health insurance that were true culminating in his signature achievement being an unconstitutional law.  In light of that, his social media activity and inarticulate manner aren't as significant.

The idea that DJT is a uniquely transgressive figure involves short memory.
  • vwtool said:

2.FOH. said:

You have gone beyond the irony event horizon.
  • Slap said:

Well then, how about three solid Supreme Court picks?

Three per term?
  • You guys are completely overlooking the lower court judges.
  • The "norms of the office" have been that Republicans are expected to never argue or fight back. That is the only "norm" Trump has broken, and it is the only one that tools like tool really care about.
  • edited January 4
    nbody said:

...The idea that DJT is a uniquely transgressive figure involves short memory.

...or a functioning, and therefore shockable, conscience.

"Nothing to see here..." is a recurring theme with your refusal to note the obvious, but it won't hold up to any scrutiny, here. The metric isn't whether or not you're okay with his behavior, because "owning the libs" is evidently something that gives you immense pleasure, but if his behavior is a break with accepted standards of the office. By that standard, Trump isn't simply thinking outside the box, he's refusing to admit that boxes exist.
  • edited January 4
    Qwinn said:

...Republicans are expected to never argue or fight back...

Your purple heart for the injuries you sustained in the War On Christmas is in the mail, for christsake!
  • edited January 4
    vwtool said:

nbody said:

...The idea that DJT is a uniquely transgressive figure involves short memory.

The metric isn't whether or not you're okay with his behavior, because "owning the libs" is evidently something that gives you immense pleasure, but if his behavior is a break with accepted standards of the office.

Happily, whether I'm "OK" with a behavior was not the metric offered. See?

WJC, an accused rapist, shoved his joint in Paula Jones face and had sexual contact with a workplace subordinate, then set about smearing and discrediting both of them, committed perjury in office, and was disbarred and impeached. Your concern about the standards of the office is mundanely opportunistic and synthetic.

If your conscience is shocked by bravado and tweets, you should cut down on the Downton Abbey binge viewing; it's transforming you.