Cohen's testimony and sentencing...

Comments

• Slap said:

...can I ask without someone composing a dopey question, asking why I'm trying to get you to provide my opinion for me?...

As long as you don't preface your question with wondering what the "hive" thinks, you should be good.

See?

I'm just wondering what the "Hive" thinks, particularly you, Tool: Do you think Judge Reed O'Connor (the guy who just ruled Obamacare unconstitutional) would make a good replacement for Breyer?

• vwtool said:

Why don't you form your own opinions - like a grown adult - and stop asking Zuk to provide them for you?

I see you've latched on to Seabird now.

How adult of you.
  • Seabird said:

Your stupidity is almost a work of art.

If the artist were a kid with a learning personality disorder with a propensity for smearing his own feces on a wall.

It’s performance art, of an unconscious sort; self-obsession and emotional incontinence splattered and dribbled, and gestured all over the available space.

See also:
    https://davidthompson.typepad.com/davidthompson/culture/
  • edited December 2018
    His obsession is just so weird. I don't even post anything political at the pool, but I had to put him on ignore over there.

I think he needs a name change to Swim Fan.
  • edited January 3
    Seabird said:

His obsession is just so weird. I don't even post anything political at the pool, but I had to put him on ignore over there.

I think he needs a name change to Swim Fan.

Voltaire famously said All styles are good, except the boring, but unfamiliar styles evidently cause you to sputter profanity and bolt the barn door shut. Everyone knows you tried, though, you really did, but there's only so much a man who publicly states that the women in his life think with their "quims" can bear. As they so wisely say in your neck of the woods, Bless your heart.

You recently asked why I'm still here and I suppose it's mainly in the dormant hope that I might crack the door open long enough to allow a hopefully fresher breeze into this stale room or, barring that, a least a slightly different breeze. Your post illustrates that you don't want any outside air at all to enter the room without first getting the group consensus on what "we" all think about that air.

You're not here for "discussion," really, you just want to paddle the ball back and forth with your chums. Which is fine, but it doesn't nearly rise to the the level of "intelligent," which means choosing among things, after all, but that would require you to let them in to begin with.
  • vwtool said:

Voltaire famously said All styles are good, except the boring,...

Don't take it personally; he didn't even know you.
  • MC Escher said:

Mueller has been done for months.

And he's going to continue being "done" until members of Trump's cabinet and/or his family go to prison. 
  • vwtool said:

MC Escher said:

Mueller has been done for months.

And he's going to continue being "done" until members of Trump's cabinet and/or his family go to prison. 

Go to prison for WHAT?

• Don't take it personally; he didn't even know you.

Now that's funny
  • Tool - You are by far the most full himself punk I have ever had the displeasure of meeting on the internet. And I mean, ever.

Your analogies don't make any sense. This weird mantle of martyrdom that you have donned is silly. No one has bolted a barn door shut. You're not being kept out of anything.You haven't been banned. *I* have chosen to ignore you because you have nothing of substance to say. It's pointless trying have a conversation with you because all you have is disdain for others.

And your lack of self-awareness is particularly galling given how "woke" you claim to be. Your claimed motivation is to bring fresh air to this site? Bullshit.

1) You don't. You just insult, deride and generally shit all over the place. Maybe you think your shit smells like roses. It doesn't. It stinks.

2) You *still* haven't answered *why* you feel the need to inject your brand of "intellect" here. What kind of narcissistic conceit does one have to possess to think he's going to walk into a room like this provide value? Especially when all you manage to do is prove what a worthless idiot you really are.

Post whatever you want, wherever you want. No one is stopping you. No one has to listen to you either. To think that anyone owes you that is just the type of tone dead arrogance exemplified by so many on the left.
  • 2.FOH. said:

...Now that's funny

A bit predictable, but the man does have a quit wit and a good sense of comic timing.
  • Tool, I hope you take a moment either here or on IM to seek reconciliation with Seabird.  He apparently respects you enough to let you under his skin.  If your claim to open a door has any merit, now is your chance to put up or shut up.
  • Seabird said:

...Your claimed motivation is to bring fresh air to this site? Bullshit.

1) You don't. You just insult, deride and generally shit all over the place...
    I'm pointing out the the central conceit of the establishment is bullshit, as nicely encapsulated by your initial post. None of you are here for open discussion, you're here because it's warm and comfortable, your friends can practically write the punchlines to your jokes, and it makes you feel good. You, seabird, are so comfortable, in fact, that you evidently feel it's a-ok to insult the intelligence of female family members on a public internet forum; someone else here is so comfy that he thought threatening to shoot a sitting U.S. senator if he should get cancer was something "funny" to do on a public forum. It makes me wonder how out-of-touch you must be, with the now-common practice of social media being used in job interviews, to commit such thoughts to the permanent, unforgiving memory of the internet. Or how gutted family members would be to read here what you really think of them.

• You ARE the Establishment, you mealy mouthed fucktard.
  • edited January 4
    Tool, it doesn't take extraordinary foresight for you to understand that it might not be all that smart for you to take anyone to task over their own family situations. Now that you understand that, you should stop doing it.
    vwtool said:

None of you are here for open discussion, ....

And yet here you are, dull and rude, having been kicked out of exactly no discussions here. You can't really believe that a discussion here open to your petty nagging isn't open, just as you can't really believe that Bird asking what other people think is a request to supply him with his own opinion.
  • vwtool said:

Seabird said:

...Your claimed motivation is to bring fresh air to this site? Bullshit.

1) You don't. You just insult, deride and generally shit all over the place...
    I'm pointing out the the central conceit of the establishment is bullshit, as nicely encapsulated by your initial post. None of you are here for open discussion, you're here because it's warm and comfortable, your friends can practically write the punchlines to your jokes, and it makes you feel good. You, seabird, are so comfortable, in fact, that you evidently feel it's a-ok to insult the intelligence of female family members on a public internet forum; someone else here is so comfy that he thought threatening to shoot a sitting U.S. senator if he should get cancer was something "funny" to do on a public forum. It makes me wonder how out-of-touch you must be, with the now-common practice of social media being used in job interviews, to commit such thoughts to the permanent, unforgiving memory of the internet. Or how gutted family members would be to read here what you really think of them.

Gosh, tool! Such a white knight. Thank you for showing me the errors of my ways! Thank you for coming to the defense of my sister in law! Oh, and your concern for my job and career, too. Does your noble altruism have no limit? You are an outstanding individual and sooooo underappreciated by us here, and at the pool. If only we could all be like you. We'd eliminate all forms of poverty, racism, and maybe even cancer. You sir, are a credit to the entire human race. Bravo, tool! Bravo!
  • Tool, I hope you take a moment either here or on IM to seek reconciliation with Seabird.  He apparently respects you enough to let you under his skin.  If your claim to open a door has any merit, now is your chance to put up or shut up.

Pfff... The only thing I'd let him get under is the heel of my shoe.
  • nbody said:

You can't really believe...

I believe that's why its difficult to treat Tool with anything other than contempt; his dishonesty invites it.  That's part of what makes Jordan Peterson kind of amazing.  He doesn't say anything particularly novel, but his ability to engage with dishonest people in polite conversation is kind of amazing.

Tool, what the best thing you've ever written here, or at the Vortex?  Your single best post?  Define best however you like, funniest, most informative, whatever kind of excellence you'd aspire to embody.  I ask because I wonder if even you find your own writing here or at the vortex valuable.
  • I still want to throw him off the island for the crime of being worse than useless. After chumming the water of course.
  • He's doing this to get banned so that he can run back to the pool and go, "SEE?!?!?! SEEE?!?!?!"
  • And I care what they think because...?
  • Oh, I wouldn't expect you to. I don't either, but it's like a perpetual motion engine. There are enough idiots over there who will agree and it will continue to fuel he trolling here. He'll just reappear as Tool.2 or something.
  • MC Escher said:

And I care what they think because...?

C'mon!  It's the primordial ooze from which we evolved.
  • Seabird said:

...Thank you for coming to the defense of my sister in law! Oh, and your concern for my job and career, too...

Just reminding you of the obvious: You're in public here.
  • vwtool said:

Seabird said:

...Thank you for coming to the defense of my sister in law! Oh, and your concern for my job and career, too...

Just reminding you of the obvious: You're in public here.

So? My wife has access to all of my private stuff, too. She knows every password and PIN and she could easily track my whereabouts and activity online.
  • edited January 11
    Tool - I’ve got a question for after you’re done answering Slap’s in the next thread down. How perfect is your personal and professional life that you can afford so much time to scrutinize and pontificate on mine? I’ll even make it multiple choice...
    1) You’re right, Bird. I guess it’s none of my business how you get along at work and at home.
    2) Can’t help it. I’m just a busy-body. In high school my nickname was Mrs. Kravitz.
    3) Well, I *am* a liberal and getting into everyone else’s shorts is muh jam.
    4) My comments are an implied threat to tattle on you if you don’t start being nicer to me.
  • Just a note on the above...

This board hasn't many rules.

But one thing I can assure you of, is that if any member is found to be attempting to interfere with the affairs of another "in real life", or to "dox" them, there will be real consequences.

• There are several people here who you absolutely don’t want to fuck with IRL.

Could lead to persistent respiratory distress.
  • Oh, now I'm interested.
  • Seabird said:

Tool - I’ve got a question for after you’re done answering Slap’s in the next thread down. How perfect is your personal and professional life that you can afford so much time to scrutinize and pontificate on mine...

Not "perfect" at all, but I was raised better than to accuse the women in my life of thinking with their genitalia when I disagree with their opinions. I know it seems normal 'here,' but I'm trying to get you to see that it's absolutely not normal "IRL."