Best Honda forum?

Looking to research some stuff for my pilot.

Which one is the good forum?

Comments

• When I was looking into buying a Fit, I found a Fit specific forum that was...ok.  I looked for a forum just for the Pilot and found this.  It appears reasonably active.
    https://www.piloteers.org/forums/
  • Turns out that you can put 265/70-16’s on a stock 2008 Pilot.
  • 265 is a lot of tire for a Pilot, I bet it looks pretty good.  I run 265/50/20 on my wife's 2011 Durango.
  • I think it’s as much tire as you can run without a lift kit.

I’m not doing any real wheeling with this thing, just going off paved surfaces. If I was wheeling it I would definitely lift it.

Also, I got a good-ish deal on the tires. I was actually shopping for 245/75-16’s
  • 265/55-17 on my Colorado
  • That should look pretty beefy on the Pilot

235/35-18 on the Focus
  • nbody said:

When I was looking into buying a Fit, I found a Fit specific forum that was...ok.  I looked for a forum just for the Pilot and found this.  It appears reasonably active.
    https://www.piloteers.org/forums/

Did you ever buy a fit? I’ve got 184k on my 08 and am deciding on another fit or a Prius etc.
  • Short answer. no.

Longer answer:  I probably would have if I could have found a better price and the driver's position had fit me better.  My girls loved the huge back seat.  The straw that broke that camel's back was that I couldn't find a 2017 on which the doors were fit properly.  Not a single one had all four doors fit flush to the body.

I think I drove a half dozen.  Sometimes they were very loud, and sometimes they were quieter, like a normal modern car.  Combine that with low stock that meant I would likely end up buying one sight unseen, and I didn't know what product I would actually receive.  The 3rd gen Fit with QC issues addressed, better seats, and the 1.5 turbo with longer gearing would be a great car.
  • The QC issues on the Fit are odd aren't they?

I mean it's a Honda.
  • 2.FOH. said:

The QC issues on the Fit are odd aren't they?

I mean it's a Honda.
    Even worse, this was explained by someone on the Fit Forum as an engineering/ design problem.  The fellow worked on the part of a Chrysler assembly line that fits doors to new cars.  (Apparently on an assembly line, these things are just bolted on, and there is some art in getting it screwed on straight and flush.)

He explained that the gen three doors he has seen on Fits can either be put on straight, or they can be put on flush, but not both.  The doors literally can't be properly fit.  Once I read that, I couldn't stop noticing it on every Fit I saw.

I don't hate Hondas; Acuras are some of the neatest cars Mrs. Zuk ever had.  However, in the world of Honda, they have their equivalents of bad coil packs and window regulators too.
  • Looks like they produce them in many countries now. Mine (08) is made in Japan. The coil packs are the only major issue I have had that is the cars fault. I’ll be looking at Prius next I think.