Comments

• How timely.

• That's a sad story.  Lance was a couple of years behind me in school.  I was a acquainted with him, but our fathers were friends.

From the link:

"Mason drove home after the attack. A family member reported to Cleveland
    police that he might attempt suicide, but Mason surrendered. Officers searching his home at the time
    found smoke grenades, semi-automatic rifles, a sword, a bulletproof
    vest and more than 2,500 rounds of ammunition from the home."

Piker.  Who keeps fewer than 5,000 rounds on hand?  Are we worried about swords?  We used to have my grandfather's sword sitting around the city house; I don't think they are that unusual.
  • My grandfather's army dress uniform sword hangs over a fireplace at my parents' house. Swords are a pretty ho-hum artifact to me.

The ammo count thing is silly but the news people love to breathlessly report on it as if someone with a halfway respectable stock is planning a coup.
  • I bet they would call reloading supplies "bomb-making materials."
  • The vest was the only stand-out from what I see.

Was he expecting a shoot out, or is this standard judge gear in that area?
  • I'd have a vest if I was a judge. Hell, i've been considering getting one just on general principle.
  • I suppose it does make sense.
  • dgm said:

I bet they would call reloading supplies "bomb-making materials."

People tend to be scared of the unfamiliar. It's not a character flaw, it's simple human nature.
  • It’s a character flaw to allow base instincts to override logic.
  • vwtool said:

People tend to be scared of the unfamiliar.

Is that why you appear so fearful of honesty?
  • edited November 21
    MC Escher said:

It’s a character flaw to allow base instincts to override logic.

True, but my point was that you can use the opportunity to educate rather than mock.
  • dgm said:

vwtool said:

People tend to be scared of the unfamiliar.

Is that why you appear so fearful of honesty?

Let me know when you’re honest enough to admit this is your “safe space,” mkay?
  • Tool, you don't have the first fucking clue. I actually learn things here, because I happen to know how to listen and acknowledge there are people with a lot more knowledge than me on a number of topics we cover here.

If you'd stop prancing about being disdainful and pretending you know more than you do, maybe you'd learn a thing or two.

But you won't, because you can't even be honest with yourself about your own limitations.
  • Why would she have let herself be physically vulnerable to him again?

Supervised child transfers? Failure of the system?