Election - Predictions and Results

Based on how many seats Democrats are defending in states Trump won, I'm calling a minimum of 57 GOP seats in the Senate. 62 is possible. No call for the House other than we keep it, but I'm optimistic it won't be by a slim margin.

I am worried about greater levels of voter fraud by Dems tho.

Comments

• I'm not predicting squat, because I suck at it, apparently.

I thought Hillary was going to win.
  • dgmdgm
    edited November 6
    Qwinn said:

I am worried about greater levels of voter fraud by Dems tho.

Is there any kind of voter fraud that's easy enough to perpetrate at the scale necessary to really influence things?

Having a bunch of felons/scumbags/immigrants roll into polling places and impersonate people, or mass-mailing fraudulent early/absentee ballots seems hard to do with sufficient volume to have an impact.
  • I already predicted 3 pickups in the Senate and a dozen in the house.
  • I also voted for myself for Governor.
  • edited November 6
    dgm:

https://www.facebook.com/ProjectVeritas/posts/1943002162451959

"DACA voters?  We've got tons of 'em."

If you think the lady in the first part of the video is bad, wait till you get to the guy that comes after her.

Project Veritas is indispensable.  In any just world they would've gotten 30 Pulitzers by now.

• I just looked at the unofficial Ohio results.

Apparently I got more votes for Governor than the Libertarian candidate.
  • Well, I can’t say that I’m shocked by the outcome. A few local disappointments, but despite my dislike for Cruz, I had to hold my nose and vote for him. As out of state money poured in from the celebrity class for BOR, he rand harder and harder to the left.

I told my wife, had the dems not lost their goddamned minds during the Kavanaugh Kerfuffle, their “wave” could have been much better.
  • edited November 7
    I am disappoint, but the gains in the Senate were enough to get important things done.  Hopefully Sessions is fired by morning... aw damn, we probably have to wait till January for that.
  • MC Escher said:

I already predicted 3 pickups in the Senate and a dozen in the house.

So that is why you prematurely declared the Mueller investigation "over?"
  • The investigation IS over, dumbass.
  • edited November 7
    Sessions resigned!  Oh fraptuous day!

Now the *real* Russian collusion investigations can hopefully begin.  You know.  The collusion by Hillary, for which there is already an avalanche of evidence in the public sphere.  And I really hope we find out why Sessions refused to investigate it properly before now.
  • edited November 7
    Sessions recused himself after testifying that he hadn't talked to anyone in russian government when dems were still searching for some illicit foreign reason for their defeat.  Sessions didn't recall a high profile, filmed contact at a public function.  Recusal was arguably the correct call, but his execution of the recusal was overbroad.

Collusion to do what?  There needs to be an underlying crime for one to conspire to commit a crime.  Simply co-operating toward a legal end isn't the proper target of a criminal investigation.  That's part of the problem with Mueller's appointment; it was an appointment in part to investigate matters that aren't crimes.

That James Comey went through some queer contortions to announce that Hillary shouldn't be prosecuted for her mishandling of confidential material doesn't keep a subsequent AG from prosecuting.  Since the House is unlikely to follow up on misrepresentations made to the FISA court under BHO, that would also be a subject a new AG could resolve.

Those issues and the serial deceptions of the Kavanaugh accusors for which there may be criminal penalties should make the confirmation hearings interesting.  I would expect Durbin to attempt to extract promises of no action on these issues, and for Spartacus Booker to make at least two long and hilariously impassioned speeches.

• MC Escher said:

The investigation IS over, dumbass.

Whoa, your name-calling is persuasive.

You said it was "over," what... 6 months ago? It's be "over" any day now, though, I'm sure.
  • Qwinn said:

Sessions resigned!  Oh fraptuous day!

Now the *real* Russian collusion investigations can hopefully begin.  You know.  The collusion by Hillary, for which there is already an avalanche of evidence in the public sphere.  And I really hope we find out why Sessions refused to investigate it properly before now.

Good god, you sound crazier with every word you type.
  • vwtool said:

MC Escher said:

The investigation IS over, dumbass.

Whoa, your name-calling is persuasive.

You said it was "over," what... 6 months ago? It's be "over" any day now, though, I'm sure.
    Not my fault that you can’t keep up with current events.
  • Ever heard of Uranium One, tool? If Dems had that kind of obvious quid pro quo on Trump, you wouldn't even want the investigation to continue, you'd be demanding instant impeachment on that alone and wouldn't feel the slightest need for anything else. And that's just one of many, many things we found out since you guys started this nonsense. And this doesn't even bring up China, whom the Clintons have been "colluding" (well, actual treason) with since the 90's.
  • MC Escher said:

...Not my fault that you can’t keep up with current events.

Indictments are coming. Count on it.
  • Indictments already came and went. For stuff that had nothing to do with Russia or collusion.
  • I'm a little surprised Mueller didn't seek and announce a widening of his counter-intel investigation in the direction of the Steele dossier sources and funding, and FISA abuse, right before the midterms.  Maybe they're dragging this out for 2020, or keeping that arrow in the quiver to see what the Democrats do with the House from 2018-2020?
  • What's funniest is that the bulk of indictments we've seen so far were for actions committed while they were working for Democrats.
  • Slap said:

I'm a little surprised Mueller didn't seek and announce a widening of his counter-intel investigation in the direction of the Steele dossier sources and funding, and FISA abuse, right before the midterms.  Maybe they're dragging this out for 2020, or keeping that arrow in the quiver to see what the Democrats do with the House from 2018-2020?

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/967231/download
  • Wow, I hadn't read that before.  It adds weight to McCarthy's argument at NRO that Mueller is more of an unguided missle/fishing expedition/independent counsel than special counsel are really supposed to be.
  • You know what Whittaker would be really good for?

A threat to keep Pelosi in line.

Or phrased more accurately, a way to force Pelosi to keep her fringe lunatics in line.
  • dgm: I presume given the rampant voter fraud going on in Florida and Arizona as we speak, the question about if it's possible to commit significant fraud is answered. "If it's not close they can't cheat" is no longer operative, if it ever really was.
  • Qwinn said:

dgm: I presume given the rampant voter fraud going on in Florida and Arizona as we speak, the question about if it's possible to commit significant fraud is answered...

Don’t forget Georgia!
  • https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/20181109/palm-beach-elections-supervisor-bans-cameras-from-public-ballot-counting

Palm Beach elections supervisor bans cameras from public ballot-counting

An NBC attorney objected to the elections supervisor’s camera ban,
    calling the Palm Beach County Canvassing Board meeting “illegal.”

Seems legit!

• If this doesn’t get prosecuted, if they don’t make an example of everyone engaging in fraud during this election, then this will mark the beginning of the end of the republic just as sure as Caesar crossing the Rubicon.
  • edited November 10
    Yup, it's just all one big conspiracy theory.  Voter fraud is a total fiction, of course the Democrats don't want illegals to vote.  You'd have to be crazy to think that.  Tool sure schooled me.

Here are lawyers for Nelson and Gillum directly arguing, Friday night in
    Palm Beach, that a ballot by a NON-CITIZEN should NOT be excluded.

https://twitter.com/lukerosiak/status/1061315169647767552/photo/1
  • edited November 10
    This is Broward County:

--Rep. Alcee Hastings (impeached as judge for taking bribes)

--Rep. Wasserman Schultz (fired from DNC for rigging primary)

--Sheriff 'Coward of Broward' (lied about running away from school shooting)

--Brenda Snipes (illegally destroyed ballots)