Strange Times

Suspected pipe bombs delivered to prominent Lefties.

Lunatic shoots up Trump Hotel, destroys property, shoots at cops.

Republican politicians can't enjoy a meal without some Lefty twat bothering them.

Comments

• "Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"

Is President Trump the Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man?
  • edited October 25
    "God is on our side...If you see anybody from that cabinet in a restaurant, at a department
    store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And
    you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore,
    anywhere” - Maxine Waters, 2018

"It's tempting not to negotiate with hostage takers, unless the hostage gets harmed...The hostage was the American people."- BHO, 2010

"You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what
    you stand for, what you care about, That's why I believe, if we are fortunate
    enough to win back the House and or the Senate, that's when civility can
    start again." - Hillary, 2018

"They asked me would I like to debate this gentleman, and I said no. I
    said, 'If we were in high school, I'd take him behind the gym and beat
    the hell out of him." - Joe Biden, 2018

____

I'm watching Morning Joe with coffee.  Donny Deutsch announces an internet commercial he and another fellow have designed to be emotional and motivate dems.  Other fellow says that the genius of Trump is his direct emotional appeals, and that they are going to make the same kind of direct appeal with children.

John Podhoretz, a soft and soft-spoken, middle-aged, Reagan/Bush speech writer, mentions...or tries to mention...that there is a problem in decrying incivility flowing from DJT's emotional appeals in politics with simply contrary emotional appeals.   He couldn't quite mention it because Deutsch began accusing him of "doing what Trump does..." 

After Deutsch's seizure had appeared to run its course, Podhoretz noted that it isn't really reasonable to roll out a campaign commercial and demand that it not be criticised.  After the commercial break (the real commercials, not Deutsch's), Podhoretz appeared absent from the panel.
  • nbody said:

I'm watching Morning Joe with coffee.  Donny Deutsch announces an internet commercial he and another fellow have designed to motivate dems.  Other fellow says that the villainy of Trump is his direct emotional appeals.

After the commercial, the entire panel continued their discussion.
    Malquote rectified for you.

• edited October 25
    Woyzeck said:

nbody said:

I'm watching Morning Joe with coffee.  Donny Deutsch announces an internet commercial he and another fellow have designed to motivate dems.  Other fellow says that the villainy of Trump is his direct emotional appeals.

W, I don't understand.  Was Podhoretz brought back on?

EDIT - I looked at the tape.  The exchange with Deutsche appears around minute 38.  Podhoretz doesn't appear for t least the next 22 minutes.

• edited October 25
    NPR had a sly commentary this morning. No verbal intro. Just a sound clip montage of Trump being Trump, showcasing his penchant for insulting and belittling his enemies and opponents in boorish and puerile fashion.

Then Steve Inskeep comes on in a grave and serious voice and starts listing the mailbombs that were delivered yesterday. I had to run out the door and missed the rest but the point was clear. This is all Trump's fault. *sigh*
  • Seabird said:

NPR had a sly commentary this morning. No verbal intro. Just soundclip montage of Trump being Trump, showcasing his penchant for insulting and belittling his enemies and opponents in boorish and puerile fashion.

Then Steve Inskeep comes on in a grave and serious voice and starts listing the mailbombs that were delivered yesterday. I had to run out the door and missed the rest but the point was clear. This is all Trump's fault. *sigh*

To be fair, after the Bernie volunteer in Alexandria struck, NPR ran a bunch of BHO, Hillary and Bernie saying provocative things.  What's that?  They never did?

Right you are.
  • edited October 25
    Woyzeck said:

nbody said:

W, I don't understand.  Was Podhoretz brought back on?

Doubleplus Newspeak.

• malquoted – flaws or inaccurate presentations of Party or Big Brother-related matters by the press. 

so to answer your question, he was never removed.
  • 2.FOH. said:

so to answer your question, he was never removed.

I suppose that's better. I was actually looking for him in the next segment; no one spoke with him and the camera never showed him, but Deutsch and his friend were still there speaking and on camera..
  • To be fair, after the Bernie volunteer in Alexandria struck, NPR ran a bunch of BHO, Hillary and Bernie saying provocative things. What's that? They never did?

That guy? He was obviously anti-government, AKA far right, aka Republican, AKA Nazi.....

Hope that clears things up, citizen.

• 2.FOH. said:

That guy? He was obviously anti-government, AKA far right, aka Republican, AKA Nazi.....

You left out "clearly racist".
  • Apologies.
  • Sure, but you might be a candidate for re-education.
  • Ah, back to the joycamp.