Should Keith Ellison do the honorable thing and withdraw?

I confess that after being saturated by coverage of the SCOTUS confirmation, I’ve clicked the dial away from NPR for the last couple of weeks. Been spending my time on SXM listening to the Devil’s music on Ozzie’s Boneyard and Lthium. Point is, I don’t know if this has been getting any coverage by our friends on the left side of the dial (see what I did there?), but I doubt it.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/411182-minnesota-dems-worry-about-ellison-allegations-as-state-ag-race-tightens

Are the Handmaids cosplayers hanging hanging around outside of his office holding up signs?

Comments

• You have SXM?

Do you listen to anyone on 125?
  • Nah... Aside from Bloomberg, I keep to the music channels.
  • I still listen to NPR and have taken up MSNBC.  It's hilarious.

NPR covered the Ellison in a news report.  It turned out that there was nothing to see because an investigator hired by the Farmer-Labor party found the accuser unpersuasive.  With the down-the-middle credibility of the Farmer-labor party having disposed of the issue, what more can a news organization do?
  • Well, if you can’t trust the left to police themselves, who can you trust?
  • Seabird said:

Nah... Aside from Bloomberg, I keep to the music channels.

Try it.
    Breitbart News Daily: 0600-0900
    David Webb: 0900-1200
    Andrew Wilkow: 1200-1500

Try Webb first.
  • I only have it in my car. Do they let you stream on the same account or is it an up-charge?
  • I can’t remember. I don’t pay retail so it’s hard to say.

I don’t have a special deal, I just tell them I’ll willing to pay 150-200 for the year and they can take it or leave it.
  • Believe All Women (That Accuse Republicans).
    Belittle All Women (That Accuse Democrats).

• I'm all for participating in forums like this where you can answer the leftie idiots, but I don't know how you guys can stand listening to NPR where you can't respond.  How often can you stand hearing Beto called "Kennedyesque" without being able to point out that the most interesting similarity is their driving records?
  • I like NPR for the arts and human interest stories. I stay for the political stuff out of morbid curiosity. Their business coverage is okay unless and until they wedge in a political slant.
  • Qwinn said:

I'm all for participating in forums like this where you can answer the leftie idiots, but I don't know how you guys can stand listening to NPR where you can't respond.  How often can you stand hearing Beto called "Kennedyesque" without being able to point out that the most interesting similarity is their driving records?

Kennedyesque? He had a drug and hooker habit and is going to be shot by a communist?

I've listened to NPR in the car for decades. It's something like speaking with a self-satisfied insulated leftie in person. You can see the bias coming from miles away and you are free to speak to it, but it doesn't really hear you. You could almost hear the champagne corks popping on air when the RCC cannonized that ass, Oscar Romero.

Bird, the human interest and arts stories aren't less political than the news or humor. When Kai Ryssdal is publicly criticized for his class warfare nonsense, you know the problem is pervasive. Other than Car Talk, It's the Taco Bell of media; it's essentially the same elements in different shapes and proportions. It doesn't bother me that they would report that the deputy chair of the DNC had been "cleared" by an investigator hired by the Farmer-Labor party. I already know how blinkered these people can be.

Stylistically, NPR has the advantage of most of their programming speaking in familiar tones that I would consider more or less normal. I can listen to classical music on the local commercial station, but that fades when I get out of the city.
  • Yelling at the radio allows me to craft some brilliant come-backs... that nobody hears or cares about.
  • Qwinn said:

I'm all for participating in forums like this where you can answer the leftie idiots...

The ones who aren't here?
  • YOU’RE here.
  • MC Escher said:

YOU’RE here.

He said “idiots,” so I’m wondering where, outside of his imagination, they all are.

And just because I’m left of you doesn’t make me a leftist.
  • vwtool said:

... just because I’m left of you doesn’t make me a leftist.

Straw man.

But no...
    The fact that you’re left of me politically doesn’t make you a leftist.

Being a MARXIST makes you a leftist.
  • MC Escher said:

...Being a MARXIST makes you a leftist.

And the proof of that is your say-so.

Any sign of those other "leftists" that Quinn thinks he gets to argue with?
  • vwtool said:

MC Escher said:

...Being a MARXIST makes you a leftist.

If you don't want to be called a Marxist, then stop talking like one.