The problem in the Black Community

An unsustainably large percentage of Black Americans are still on the Democrat Plantation.

The difference between now and 1850 is that THEN they were the slaves; NOW they are the crop.

Comments

• edited October 13
    I was recently required by my employer to watch "The 13th."

It was the straight up Communist propaganda.  Angela Davis and Van Jones were prominent among the cast.  The thesis of the film is that evil Republicans passed the 13th Am, not to end slavery but to sneak the exception for "convicts" into the amendment, so they could convict lots of black people to enslave them.  Privitized prisons for profit are a particular bogeyman for these film makers; they fail to mention just how tiny a portion of inmates have ever been held in private prisons.

The film also features Dan Baum's fabricated quote of Ehrlichman "admitting" that the drug war was a way for Nixon to target blacks.  It ends with a montage of Trump's speeches overlayed with black and white video of blacks being abused during civil rights marches in the 1960s, that would have made Leni Riefenstahl proud.

I only know of three people who actually questioned the educational value of the film, every one of whom was risking their job by speaking up.

• What business is your employer, Slap? Are you with a firm, or are you legal council to a non-legal organization?
  • Seabird said:

What business is your employer, Slap? Are you with a firm, or are you legal council to a non-legal organization?

Government, with specifics I can't say publicly, due to the ethical danger of attaching political opinions to the office to which I've been appointed.
  • Maybe squirrels are different in groups.

I saw a black squirrel today. 
    He was on his own.
    He seemed to have no complaints.
  • Slap said:

Seabird said:

What business is your employer, Slap? Are you with a firm, or are you legal council to a non-legal organization?

Government, with specifics I can't say publicly, due to the ethical danger of attaching political opinions to the office to which I've been appointed.

Understood. Just curious what kind of institution could mandate something like that. Small, private companies come to mind.
  • I tried to watch The 13th but couldn't get all the way through, it was cliche race baiting garbage full of unsubstantiated conspiracy theories.

To the larger question, is it an issue of the black community or more related to socioeconomic status? 

• To the larger question, is it an issue of the black community or more related to socioeconomic status? 
    I think its partly a culture that doesn't share a sense of American history as a struggle against a King to secure freedom.  Instead Leftist propaganda seems well designed to appeal to the sense that government freed blacks from the narrow evil of private ownership of people, which is part of a larger evil of wealth and private property.  It isn't the Southern state governments or the Confederacy that protected slave ownership that are the primary boogeyman in the Leftist narrative; it was the private plantation owners.  To some extent that narrative is so successful that its a part of my own sense of the Civil War.  Powerful plantation owners, rather than Southern government officials are the first category that come to mind when I think of the bad guys behind American slavery.

As opposed to the sense among some poor rural whites, descended of religious nuts who crossed an ocean and lived among savages rather than live under overly strong, intrusive governments.  So I don't think its about race or current socioeconomic status as much as the way distinct histories have influenced our cultures.

All of the above suggests that tactically, Republicans should be doing everything they can to link modern leaders among Democrats with plantation owners.  More of this sort of thing, except with specific Democrat's heads, instead of generic "D"circles: