Well this just got super fun!

I was going to post this in the Kudlow v Risdaal thread, but then I figured it deserves its own since it will dominate the news cycle for the next few weeks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

...snip...
President Trump is facing a test to his presidency unlike any faced by a modern American leader.

It’s not just that the special counsel looms large. Or that the country is bitterly divided over Mr. Trump’s leadership. Or even that his party might well lose the House to an opposition hellbent on his downfall.

The dilemma — which he does not fully grasp — is that many of the senior officials in his own administration are working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.

I would know. I am one of them.

To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.

But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.
...snip...

Comments

• I’m fascinated by the ongoing effort to create a narrative that Trump is stupid, deranged or both.
  • edited September 6
    Remember, remember the fifth of September
    The New York Times' treason and plot.
    I know of no reason
    Why the New York Times' treason
    Should ever be forgot.
  • That reads like agit-prop.  The extraordinarily gentle reproach of media "failures," reads like something composed by a journalist striving for the credibility of being critical of the press, while completely underestimating the effect of dishonest reporting on people who are routinely the targets of that dishonesty.

The positives of Trump's administration so far "effective deregulation, historic tax reform, a more robust military and more" was written to be forgettable, most likely by a Democrat, again seeking credibility, but failing to emphasize Trump nominating Gorsuch and Kavanaugh.  At this moment in the news, the "senior official" who supposedly wrote this "op-ed" fails to mention what the public is most focused on, Trump's effect on the Supreme Court?

It just doesn't ring true.  The timing, with the Kavanaugh confirmation hearing disruptions, also suggests coordinated agit-prop, designed to sow discord and suspicion in the cabinet and among Trump's advisors.  I vaguely recall a wave of similar insinuations earlier in Trump's presidency?  This just seems like a slightly more refined effort.

"Or that the country is bitterly divided over Mr. Trump’s leadership."  Elsewhere, the author refers to President Trump.  Would an official risking being fired carelessly switch between "Mr." and "President" or does that show the casual contempt Democrats and journalists tend to have toward the President?

Its a sham.
  • Reads like someone sharing the snicking through the gears of their automatic and imaginary Porsche.

Guyz, I'm totally a high level appointed gubbmint official that is a part of a super double-secret group fighting Cheetolini.  Oh, but I'm totally not a liberul, I'm a special forces ranger that has always voted Republican.
  • Imaginary Cayman is best Cayman.
  • 2.FOH. said:

Imaginary Cayman is best Cayman.

Everyone is up in arms about "fake news," but we hear nothing about the actual "fake exhaust noise" being piped into the interiors of our sports sedans! 
  • Maybe they mean the author is officially beginning his senior year.