Bought the wife a coffin...

Because she swears that she'll be buried in it one day. x-posted from over there...

2018 SR5 Premium w/4WD and some other stuff. She's actually talking about mods. I can't believe it.

imageimage

Comments

• I can feel the oceans rising already, planet hater.
  • What did it cost and what’s the tow capacity?
  • $38K and 5K lbs
  • nbody said:

I can feel the oceans rising already, planet hater.

So, we should install a snorkel?
  • Seabird said:

nbody said:

I can feel the oceans rising already, planet hater.

So, we should install a snorkel?
    And a big lift, and 35" tires, obviously.

• edited August 14
    Obviously!

In all seriousness, she pivoted away from trading her CX-7 for something luxury oriented to this after we got a shit ton of rain on July 4th. Some areas of the city got 6-8" in about an hour and our streets are part of the flood control system. We went to breakfast that morning with the intent of going to a movie afterward. When we left the restaurant and got halfway to the theater, water was up over the curbs and cars were already stalling in intersections. I was able to get us turned around back home the way we came, but after that she was like, "We need a bug out vehicle!".

So, fuck yeah.
  • Needs Yeti stickers.

J/K

I like those a lot, Bird.
  • edited August 14
    ROFL

My sister has a loaded GMC Denali truck and she just installed a decal that covers the entire back window. In some kind of extreme action font it says US Navy (top), and Senior Chief (bottom) and there's a grinning cracked skull with fangs wearing a chief's hat right in the middle. There are flames and bat skeleton wings coming off the sides. Just obnoxious as hell.

She's 61, and about 4'11" and needs two steps to climb down out of the cab.
  • I looked at the 4Runner before getting my CX-9. I really like it, and it would be insanely practical for me with the amount of shit I carry in my cargo area (mountain biking shit, road biking shit, climbing shit, golf shit, & gym shit). But in the end I couldn't justify the gas mileage. I still really like them though.

When I was looking I found this guy's YouTube channel.

• edited August 14
    When Jill called her dad to tell him what she bought, I swear the old guy choked up a little. He didn't even give her a hard time for buying new.
  • Seabird said:

Just obnoxious as hell.

It's hard to read this from someone that has a Texas flag painted over your your whole garage door :)

The rig is awesome, my neighbor has the same color and accessorized it with a black ladder and black roof basket, I admire it every time I walk the dogs.
  • Seabird said:

...she was like, "We need a bug out vehicle!".

And you DIDN'T get a converted M715 Ambulance with a 6BT engine?

Man... Talk about blowing an opportunity.
  • JIMP - My garage sets way back from the street. That flag shouts, but only to be heard. ;)

MCE - After Hurricane Ike ended she and I went to look around and saw a Unimog going down the street. She asked me what it was and when I told her she said, “Man, I wish we had one of those.”
  • Seabird said:

MCE - After Hurricane Ike ended she and I went to look around and saw a Unimog going down the street. She asked me what it was and when I told her she said, “Man, I wish we had one of those.”

Hey man, can I get her phone number?
  • edited August 16
    How does the dog like it? I told my GSD i’d get her something bigger than my MK6...
  • I bet it works well. It should be about the same size as my Pilot and all of my WGSD's have fit comfortably.
  • edited August 17
    I have seen her flat foot vertical jump high enough to get her nose over an eight foot fence, but she acted a little skittish jumping into the back of the 4R because it’s quite a bit higher than the CX7. Her desire to go for a R-I-D-E overcame her trepidation pretty quick.

I think it’s a good vehicle for her. There’s plenty of room and good visibility. She’s prone to car sickness. Found that out the hard way after an hour in the back of my Challenger.
  • edited August 17
    Seabird said:

She’s prone to car sickness. Found that out the hard way after an hour in the back of my Challenger.

Is she actually prone to car sickness? Or is she really just prone to car sickness in a 485hp car that's being hooned?
  • In my defense, neither of my kids have ever puked in my car. Now let’s move on...
  • The 4Runner and Honda Pilot look to be about the same price.  Does either have distinguishing merits?
  • The car-like Pilot is more refined, more modern, more comfortable and tells the world that you're too busy with the kids to groom your vagina.

The 4Runner is a traditional truck with an ancient 4.0 V6 and a 5 speed auto from the first half of the last decade. It tells the world that you fantasize about owning a Jeep, but you really only off-road when driving across the unpaved parking lot of your local garden nursery.
  • FWIW...

My 2008 Pilot has excellent stability in emergency maneuvers, does very well in light off-roading if you have a decent tread pattern and is quite stable at low triple digits.

However, I am NOT a fan of her ABS.
  • Speaking of hairy vaginas...
  • edited 3:41AM
    Seabird said:

The car-like Pilot is more refined, more modern, more comfortable and tells the world that you're too busy with the kids to groom your vagina.

The 4Runner is a traditional truck with an ancient 4.0 V6 and a 5 speed auto from the first half of the last decade. It tells the world that you fantasize about owning a Jeep, but you really only off-road when driving across the unpaved parking lot of your local garden nursery.

In other words - get the Pilot, Matt....