Ban Plastic Straws? You're fucking stupid.

http://reason.com/reasontv/2018/07/17/plastic-straw-myths

Everyone has bought this idiotic story - hook, line, and sinker.

No, there aren't 500 million straws being used in the US every day.

Comments

• dgm said:

http://reason.com/reasontv/2018/07/17/plastic-straw-myths

Everyone has bought this idiotic story - hook, line, and sinker.

No, there aren't 500 million straws being used in the US every day.
    I blame credit cards.  If people still carried cash, they'd just use a rolled up dollar bill.
  • What about stir sticks?!

How many lives could be saved if we banned those horrible things.
  • Watching a children blow bubbles in milk and laugh at their own misbehavior is worth not having sea turtles any longer.
  • nbody said:

Watching a children blow bubbles in milk and laugh at their own misbehavior is worth not having sea turtles any longer.

Anthropocentric narcissism and temporal parochialism in one post. You’re the reason we can’t have nice planets.
  • Don't be fatuous.

Do I need to look that one up for you too?
  • He was trying to be funny.  Sad, huh?
  • Ted's Montana Grill uses paper straws, I hate them.  They break down before you're halfway through your tasty refreshing beverage.
  • vwtool said:

nbody said:

Watching a children blow bubbles in milk and laugh at their own misbehavior is worth not having sea turtles any longer.

Anthropocentric narcissism and temporal parochialism in one post. You’re the reason we can’t have nice planets.

/Obama not bad
  • And yet, claims not to be able to look up something simple like Cloward-Piven.

I have become more suspicious that this account has no purpose but trolling.

It's cute when it lashes out after getting shown how stupid it is.
  • dgm said:

And yet, claims not to be able to look up something simple like Cloward-Piven...

It’s hilarious that you think most Dems are acting based on that strategy rather than, you know, just having a different idea than you as to the best way to achieve common goals. *

* If you think “common goals” implies “Marxism” you might be a group nationalist of some stripe.
  • Tool, you're ignorant of the Leftists who have influenced the Democrats or you aren't.  You can't spread your claimed ignorance among people who know better, no matter how hard you try.  Making up straw men and calling us paranoid or group nationalists isn't just stupid; its so beyond stupid that it reveals your malice.
  • Let me put that in plain English for you.

If you were merely stupid it wouldn’t matter. But you’re not. You are being actively and intentionally dishonest which is insulting to everybody who can see through your bullshit. Why? Because it implies that you think we’re stupid enough to believe the bullshit.
  • MC Escher said:

Let me put that in plain English for you.

Always bring the translator.
  • nbody said:

MC Escher said:

Let me put that in plain English for you.

Always bring the translator.
    Excuse me Stewardess!
  • Slap said:

Tool, you're ignorant of the Leftists who have influenced the Democrats or you aren't....

If you think the majority of mainstream Democratic voters either know, or are influenced by, your pet theories, you're mistaken. "Influenced" is a remarkably vague term.
  • I've already addressed the behavior you've just repeated in your last comment.

"
    Making up straw men and calling us paranoid or group nationalists isn't just stupid; its so beyond stupid that it reveals your malice."