Do you WANT an Erdogan? Because THIS is how you get an Erdogan!

Comments

• Yeah, you commies should stop doing that.
  • Most of the stations are CNN affiliates?

That's funny
  • 2.FOH. said:

Most of the stations are CNN affiliates?

That's funny

Most are Fox, then ABC, CBS, NBC. I don’t see any CNN stations.
  • edited April 4
    Well, I just watched Erin Burnett state "most of the Sinclair stations are CNN affiliates".

Watch the video you posted, then click on the video titled "Sinclair Broadcast Group fires back at criticism"

45 seconds if you want to fast forward.

Oh, & Erin Burnett is rather pleasant on the eyes.
  • Wait, so local news folks all saying the same thing about fake news is evidence that local news is in the tank for President Trump?  That's funny.  Have you ever watched local news? 
  • That's the video
  • 2.FOH. said:

Well, I just watched Erin Burnett state "most of the Sinclair stations are CNN affiliates".

Watch the video you posted, then click on the video titled "Sinclair Broadcast Group fires back at criticism"

That's odd. Scrolling through the list of Sinclair stations, I don't see one CNN affiliate. 
  • Wait, so local news folks all saying the same thing about fake news is evidence that local news is in the tank for President Trump?  That's funny.  Have you ever watched local news? 

Local news may not be "in the tank," but the Sinclair group clearly is. You seem to be confused as to which news is "fake."
  • vwtool said:

2.FOH. said:

That's odd. Scrolling through the list of Sinclair stations, I don't see one CNN affiliate. 
    So Erin Burnett was making fake news?
  • Ah-HAAA!
  • Ah, it's ownership. CNN shares resources and stories with the Sinclair group, but the group's ownership includes no CNN stations. 

So when Trump says Sinclair is "far superior" to CNN does he know or care that they share resources and stories?
  • I would say no & no.
  • The river tells no lies, though standing on the shore, the dishonest man still hears them.
  • Pffffttt!  This is America! The dishonest man with any ambition will buy 193 stations and broadcast those lies! 
  • If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago.
  • vwtool said:

Wait, so local news folks all saying the same thing about fake news is evidence that local news is in the tank for President Trump?  That's funny.  Have you ever watched local news? 

Local news may not be "in the tank," but the Sinclair group clearly is. You seem to be confused as to which news is "fake."
    So your original post is fake then?  I was wondering if I needed to pay closer attention to the subliminal messaging in the latest apartment fire or construction alert stories.  I'll have to tune in to the nationals to tell me how to think about this.  Maybe Bill Maher has pithy insight.  
  • Erdogan Update

“Mr. Trump called the F.B.I. raid...an “attack on our country in a true sense.”

• vwtool said:

“Mr. Trump called...

Will you ever learn not to take the bait?
  • He's not an internet troll. Well, yeah, he is...but he also happens to be the President. I ignore internet trolls because they don't have any real power. The President is a different story. 
  • So what?  He hasn't *done* anything with that Presidential power that's nearly as ridiculous as his twitting.  I get how you can disagree with the idea that a tax cut and putting Gorsuch on the Court is a good/bad idea, but its not even remotely as radical as the overreactions to what Trump "says."
  • The left HAS to view him that way.

What would the alternative be?
  • His "twitting" is presidential because he's the president. If he chooses to communicate in immature, stream-of-consciousness outbursts that serve to undermine the checks on presidential power the founders so wisely provided, the sober-minded members of the public are right to be alarmed.
  • edited April 11
    So, I *hate* the way the guy communicates as much as anyone. But how does he "undermine the checks on presidential power the founders to wisely provided"? In practical terms, not just subjective stuff like credibility. Because that's the kind of histrionic bullshit complaint that's hard to take seriously.
  • Seabird said:

...how does he "undermine the checks on presidential power the founders to wisely provided"? In practical terms...

By his incessant attacks on the press, the judiciary and law enforcement. Most every president has some difficult moments with the press, but even Nixon managed to respect the idea of the press in public, never mind that he was cursing them and calling them the "enemy" in private. That's the difference with Trump. He says worse things in public than his predecessors said in private.

His attacks on the judiciary and law enforcement follow a similar pattern: any decision or action that goes against something he did is an "attack on our country," conflating his own survival with that of the nation.

I'm fine with him being crude. I'm fine with him either playing or actually being a bit crazy within reasonable limits, as that can be an effective negotiating tactic. I'm not fine with him undermining the foundations just to get some remodeling done.
  • You’re clearly not fine with anything and if by “incessant attacks” you mean “mean things he says”; you should try not to be such a fucking pussy.
  • vwtool said:

Seabird said:

...how does he "undermine the checks on presidential power the founders to wisely provided"? In practical terms...

By his incessant attacks on the press, the judiciary and law enforcement. Most every president has some difficult moments with the press, but even Nixon managed to respect the idea of the press in public, never mind that he was cursing them and calling them the "enemy" in private. That's the difference with Trump. He says worse things in public than his predecessors said in private.

His attacks on the judiciary and law enforcement follow a similar pattern: any decision or action that goes against something he did is an "attack on our country," conflating his own survival with that of the nation.

I'm fine with him being crude. I'm fine with him either playing or actually being a bit crazy within reasonable limits, as that can be an effective negotiating tactic. I'm not fine with him undermining the foundations just to get some remodeling done.
    I agree that his public rhetoric is puerile and boorish but you haven't demonstrated how it effectively undermines any of the checks on power the Founding Fathers placed upon office. I mean, c'mon now...

As for comparing him to previous presidents, clearly you've never heard any of LBJ's or RMN's recorded conversations. Those fellows were pretty coarse.
  • One of my favorite things about RMN is that he referred to Idi Amin as "that God damned cannibal asshole".
  • I wrote what I meant, thanks, and I explained what I'm fine with. He's willing to risk political instability to keep himself in the news and out of jail. Whether that's part of some plan he has, or just a manifest defect of his character, I don't care. I do wonder how people like you are going to react once the inevitable happens. 
  • vwtool said:

I wrote what I meant, thanks, and I explained what I'm fine with. He's willing to risk political instability to keep himself in the news and out of jail. Whether that's part of some plan he has, or just a manifest defect of his character, I don't care. I do wonder how people like you are going to react once the inevitable happens. 

1) Good for you, being happy with what you wrote. It doesn't make any sense, but as long you're happy. I guess...
    2) What do you mean, "people like [me]", and what is my expected reaction to whatever it is you're characterizing as "inevitable"? This is very vague and ominous. You seem to have something on your mind, so just say it.