Tillerson out

Bummed to see this news, I like the guy and what he brought to the role.

Comments

• facepalm
  • He is neither mercurial nor bombastic, and I thought that contrast was useful.  It will be interesting to see how Pompeo deals with permanent staff at State.
  • Yep.

He was a calm voice of reason.
  • It should be interesting to see how this plays out in terms of what’s going on in Iran
  • 2.FOH. said:

Yep.

A voice that called his boss a “moron” and didn’t recant.
  • Just as you have no proof President Trump used the word "Shithole" you also have no proof that Tillerson called Trump a "moron".
  • Doesn’t matter.

He’s not a participant in a conversation, he’s an advocate.
  • 2.FOH. said:

Yep.

In better news, Larry Kudlow may replace Gary Cohn.

When the Dow hit 3,000 in the 80s lots of people were braced for a big correction.  On the McLaughlin Group, he noted that the system was prepared for long term growth that would push the Dow well above 10,000 over the next several years.  Everyone laughed.
  • Just came to post this. Interesting choice, but I like Kudlow so this makes me happy.
  • I remember it was a big deal when it cracked 1,800
  • MC Escher said:

I remember it was a big deal when it cracked 1,800

I was a daily news watcher beginning in the mid 1970s.  At the end of the ABC newscast, they gave the Dow closing number for the day.  They should have called it "This is how the US sucked today show".  The Dow was never above 1,000, JEC screwed the Shah, and iranians and Duarte in Salvador and us.  Reagan was elected, the embassy hostages were put on a plane home and the Dow broke a thousand.