California starting to accept donations in exchange for tax credits

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01/04/californias-proposed-federal-tax-cap-work-around-unveiled/

What a cute way to end-run around the new federal tax law.

I hope the IRS shoves a rusty rake up their ass.

Comments

• Interesting...

It appears that nobody in California understands math.
  • I also hope that if CA gets away with it, Trump finds a way to starve them of federal money.
  • This is why we need MY tax plan.
  • dgm said:

I hope the IRS shoves a rusty rake up their ass.

First, the state of CA isn't a charity, so giving it money can't be a charitable contribution.

Second, and more importantly, when one gives a charitable donation, he gets back a letter declaring the value of anything he received from the donee. If I give a defense fund for lithuanian crossdressing midget lesbians $100 to attend a dinner about it, they are supposed to send a letter that says the taco dinner was worth $10 and the charitable part of the payment was $90, and I deduct $90.

If my property taxes are $25,000, and I get a $25,000 voucher from CA in return for my $25,000 contribution, the charitable portion of my payment is 0, and I still haven't anything to deduct.

• nbody said:

...midget lesbians...taco dinner...

Never stop being classy.
  • Food can't be "classy" just because it is hispanic?

That's turrible.

• What's wrong with tacos?
  • Looks like someone didn't get an appreciation of cultural diversity for Christmas.
  • Seabird said:

What's wrong with tacos?

It's the Lithuanians.
  • I believe they prefer the term elves.
  • edited January 2018
    2.FOH. said:

I believe they prefer the term elves.

Not everyone from Lithuania is that short. 
  • vwtool said:

2.FOH. said:

I believe they prefer the term elves.

Not everyone from Lithuania is that short. 
    Just the midg... Er, sorry.
  • <sensible chuckle>
  • FOCUS, people. We need to be making fun of California here.
  • dgm said:

FOCUS, people. We need to be making fun of California here.

I'm a transplant here, and I don't intend to stay, but I'll never understand why so many people in middle America seem to hate the fact that a place like California exists. 
  • I lived in CA for six years. Ventura County. Worked in the San Fernando Valley & Pasadena.

I know whereof I speak, when I criticize CA for being shitty.
  • edited January 2018
    vwtool said:

dgm said:

I'm a transplant here, and I don't intend to stay, but I'll never understand why so many people in middle America seem to hate the fact that a place like California exists. 

California used to be a nice place. Democrats fucked it up.
  • vwtool said:

dgm said:

I love to visit California, and I have family and friends at both ends of the state. The climate and geography are incredible and there's a lot to do.

But it's so ridiculously expensive and I would never willingly live there. QOL from a material perspective is awful.

It's give or take... Houston's climate and geography are for shit, but it's a great place to work and make money. My cousins in Glendale have talked about leaving because they can't match their parents' income and can't replicate the kind of lifestyle they had at home. I think one of them is looking at AZ.
  • That there is some high quality bullshit.
  • dgm said:

I lived in CA for six years. Ventura County. Worked in the San Fernando Valley & Pasadena.

I know whereof I speak, when I criticize CA for being shitty.

Well, D'uh!