Vegas Shooting

dgmdgm
edited October 2017 in Politics & Current Events
50 dead
200 wounded

"The worst mass shooting in US history" (Except for wounded knee)

White guy.
No known affiliations. 

10 rifles in the guy's hotel room.

Chattering class is blathering about "hotel security" now.

Get ready for yet another full-court press to relieve us of our natural rights.

Comments

• dgm said:

No known affiliations.

My ass.
  • Got evidence?
  • There's a story in the UK that ISIS claimed him as a recent convert.  No idea if that is true though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/las-vegas-isis-shooting-claims-stephen-paddock-responsibility-latest-a7978941.html

• Seems like a big stretch. ISIS would claim it if a dog mauled a mailman.
  • dgm said:

Got evidence?

If he was on the political right we'd already know.

• Or nobody actually knows anything.

Seems he had nearly no profile at all. There've been some comments linking him to the left, via his girlfriend/roommate, but nothing concrete.
  • dgm said:

Or nobody actually knows anything.

Seems he had nearly no profile at all. There've been some comments linking him to the left, via his girlfriend/roommate, but nothing concrete.

I assume that what I hear about people for a couple of days after an event like this will turn out to be untrue or irrelevant.
  • The press has a decades long track record on this. Whenever somebody does something wrong if the stories do not tell you what his ethnicity is then he will turn out to be a minority. If it's a story where his politics have the remotest relevance and they do not tell you what they are he will turn out to be on the political left.

I will be very much surprised if the press breaks their pattern for this event. Or any other.
  • I don't disagree with you that the press has a definite pattern here. But a lot of internet sleuths have been looking for something, anything, to identify a motive/affiliation here. Still nothing concrete.

Believe me, I *want* him to be a leftist POS. Not that it will matter.
  • ZedZed
    edited October 2017
    dgm said:

No known affiliations. 

This guy, www.kevinmartin.info, posted the following on Facebook at 09:53 this morning.

Of course, no source cited.

The shooter, Stephen Craig Paddock, 64.. a white liberal Democrat,
    hated President Trump and spoke openly about his political views. They
    are as follows...

Political Views per his Facebook page:
    -Proud to Be A Democrat
    -The Rachel Maddow Show​
    -Thank You Obama
    -Anti-Trump Army
    -Progressive Day,
    Organizing for Action (Soros)
    -Not My President
    -Fight Trump
    -Boycott All Things Trump
    -Impeach Trump

I am sharing, because the media won't.

• ZedZed
    edited October 2017
    LOL... the guy also has this on his page... titled "The media forgets these things"

• www.kevinmartin.info

That's where I get ALL my "info" these days.
  • One of the comments to the above image was something along the lines of "Go figure, the place is flooding and he's grabbing pussy again"
  • oh boy
  • My conspiracy side thought Trump hater when I heard it was a country music concert.
  • It's a reasonable connection to make. Probably some MAGA hat owners in that audience.

• Zed,

I think that's for the girlfriend's husband, not the shooter.
  • It's a reasonable connection to make. Probably some MAGA hat owners in that audience.

Interesting as that was an initial thought of mine.  Not that anybody from The Left would be so hateful and shoot peo....oh...

And from a member of the CBS legal team, as if on queue:  

• 2.FOH. said:

My conspiracy side thought Trump hater when I heard it was a country music concert.

If that turns out to be true, I bet you will hear little of it.

How much have we heard abut the Alexandria shooter?  He wasn't a nutty radical, but a pissed of dem.  I didn't see a lot of blame circulating for the dem efforts to make their angry white males even angrier from the same sources that blame ordinary repub rhetoric on issues for Eric Rudolph or klan activity.
  • nbody said:

2.FOH. said:

My conspiracy side thought Trump hater when I heard it was a country music concert.

If that turns out to be true, I bet you will hear little of it.

That'd be a good bet.
  • The crowd fled at the sound of gunshots.

Imagine the deaths if the shooter had a silencer, which the NRA wants to make easier to get.

• Good ole Hills doesn't disappoint.
  • What a stupid lying sack of shit.
  • 2.FOH. said:

Good ole Hills doesn't disappoint.

. How does she figure she's still relevant to anything?

• For a good part of the day today I was thinking that something seems "off" about this shooting.

I'm not yet sure where that goes.
  • MC Escher said:

For a good part of the day today I was thinking that something seems "off" about this shooting.

I'm not yet sure where that goes.

Still way early in the situation, but, they haven't found any evidence at his home of his planning or motives. His family says he wasn't a big gun guy, so where did he get them all on short notice without leaving a paper trail of any kind?  I imagine you could pull that off with one or two guns fairly easily, but 20+ some of which are FA?  No apparent motive? The cameras that were rigged up around the hotel so he could monitor LE activity?    Yeah, there's a lot of unanswered questions, but like I started off with... it's still early in the situation.