World Economic Forum Fun

I'm sure we're all familiar with the Copenhagen-esque party for wealthy elite currently underway in Davos.  The Swiss armed forces had to open up a military air base to accommodate those 1700 private jets that swooped in to discuss, among other things, global warming and income inequality.  

Somehow, the party continues to ratchet up the comedic lack of self-awareness.  Gems like the following help:

Of course, I'd like to cock-punch this douchebag for stating that our lifestyle expectations are too high.  I was taught it's OK to aspire to anything we want.  But to state all this while attending a self-congratulatory, masturbatory festival of posturing and preening is beyond parody.  

Comments

• edited January 2015

I'm sure we're all familiar with the Copenhagen-esque party for wealthy elite currently underway in Davos.

I was expecting to see you here. Some of the other guys brought styrafoam chins we are going to put on when John Kerry "reports for duty" here. These knuckleheads.
  • zukiphile said:

I'm sure we're all familiar with the Copenhagen-esque party for wealthy elite currently underway in Davos.

I was expecting to see you here.
    I was planning to come, but then my personal chef informed me of the outrageous arugula prices in Davos.  

We must set an example for the proles.  
  • I would have come but the whole thing has become so down market in the last few years...
  • Pfft, Denmark is a monarchy.