SMS to/from email

ZedZed
edited August 2014 in Help & Testing
Is there some trick to it?  I can send 4 texts to my email and only 1 comes through (the 2nd in the series)

Comments

• I'd like to know a solution to this as well, not just because I'd like to quell my suspicion that the difficulty is by design, to drive people toward paying for SMS instead of using free email services.
  • Did you turn it off then turn it back on again?

The more you know....
  • Not yet, but I did clear my browser cookies.

My wife has been on the phone with "tech support" in India for much too long this morning.  When she insisted on escalating it, the fellow passed the phone to someone else that proceeded to try to sell her a service upgrade (and wasn't a manager at all either)
  • Slap said:

I'd like to know a solution to this as well, not just because I'd like to quell my suspicion that the difficulty is by design, to drive people toward paying for SMS instead of using free email services.

Well IT tech support called back and said that they are blocking texts from Verizon (some of the time ?!) because it is a significant source of spam and that I need to contact Verizon to ask them to stop allowing people to use their services to spam.

Nice deflection.
  • I do it all the time with AT&T :D