I passed!

edited August 2013 in Help & Testing
On Monday I took the IBEW/JATC electrician apprenticeship entry exam. I passed.................

Comments

• I have an old friend who is a Union Electrician in NYC.

He said he makes $52/hr.

I pointed out that he is furloughed, or whatever they call it, for half the year while the OTHER half of his Union works; and therefore actually makes $26/hr.

• Yeah, I've come to grips with the idea of having to leave but, the way things work here in the Tacoma/Seattle area, I think you have to go thru a union to get the training that you need. Plus, its a program for veterans called VICE so I don't have to pay anything. If things get shitty I think I'll go work in North Dakota for a few months because from what I hear, they are hurting for electricians over there. Some parts of me really don't want to have to have to deal with IBEW politics, but hey, maybe I can bring a few people into the light.
  • 52k annually with half the year off doesn't sound bad.
  • I'd take that.
  • zukiphile said:

52k annually with half the year off doesn't sound bad.

jawara105 said:

I'd take that.

Yeah, you guys are right.
    Geographical variances in the cost of living don't matter.

• Oh yeah. NYC. LOL
  • edited August 2013
    Good point. I left Long Island a long time ago and I'm never going back.
  • Meant to say congratulations on your passing. I know of someone who didn't.
  • Meant to say congratulations on your passing. I know of someone who didn't.

Thanks.

I know this gonna sound kinda wrong, BUT it is kinda cool that beat out a lot of other people despite my "disadvantage".
  • What, that you're overweight?
  • No, it's his huge penis....drags out of his pant leg...
  • You know, that's a great stereotype.

Why can't we have a great stereotype like that?
  • No you jackasses! It's my short arms. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find the correct spine arrows for a guy like me?
  • We're sorry about making fun of your stubby little thalidomide flippers.

• Not "arms," arm.

I thought you were in the army, once upon a time.  Bells should commence ringing any time now...