Waiting

edited February 2011 in Religion & Philosophy
These past five weeks have been very hard. My wife had a screening mammogram come back with a follow up order for a diagnostic mammogram with an ultrasound. They found something. Biopsy. 8:37 this morning the phone rings: Benign.

If there is a silver lining we are closer than ever. Our 18Th Anniversary is less than two weeks away. Yay!

Comments

• Thank God.
  • said:

Thank God.

Yes. God save teh boobies!
  • That can be quite a scare... My mother just passed the 6-month mark after surgery and chemo -- so far, so good.

Glad to hear that it is benign. Congrats on 18 years together! We'll be 34 years this year. It just keeps getting better. :cool:
  • Prayers of thanksgiving for a favorable outcome for your wife and also of the blessings you are to each other.
  • That's GREAT news, Joseph! I'm very happy for you both!

And congratulations on the upcomming anniversary! May you share many more!
  • edited February 2011
    said:

That can be quite a scare... My mother just passed the 6-month mark after surgery and chemo -- so far, so good.

Congratulations Guy, I'm very happy to hear that your Mom is doing so well; my best wishes for her continued health. May she remain cancer free for the rest of her life!

ETA: I passed my one year anniversary of my first post-treatment Pet Scan (doc had me bring my cat in, and ran the little varmint up and down my body) with "clear" results last month and has moved me from every three months, to every six months as a result.

FWIW, I haven't been concerned, I've been blessed/cursed with a constitution that seems to shake off whatever afflicts me at the time, and ever since getting shot, I've lived with the realization that no one gets out of here alive, so something will eventually get me too. C'est l'vie.

On the other hand, I am quite concerned about my wife, who is a heavy smoker and wine drinker. Bad juju there, but there's nothing I can do about it. C'est l'amour.

What really concerns me is that our leaders can't seem to realize that Islam is not just another religion, and one cannot deal with Islamic leadership as if the differences between them and us are not more fundamental than those between Methodists and Baptists.

Oh well, C'est l'guerre.
  • Glad it's over and the uncertainty and anxiety has subsided. Now you two can move on and celebrate life again. This has surely made your relationship stronger. Good luck to you both.
  • Thanks for all the kind words.
    My only bit of advice is to have her sleep on a recliner the first 3 nights so she can't roll over. She slept the first night on one and everything looked great then she slept on the bed the next night and woke up with a bruise the size of a baseball the next morning :(
    No sleeping on the tummy!
  • I had surgery last March and it took me MONTHS before I could sleep on my tummy again
  • That's wonderful news, I am very happy for you both :)