Chicken or the egg?

edited December 2010 in Religion & Philosophy
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/07/14/chicken-egg-mystery-finally-cracked/?intcmp=prn_baynote-js_Chicken-and-Egg_Mystery_Finally_Cracked
Scientists cracked the puzzle after discovering that the formation of eggs is possible only thanks to a protein found in chicken's ovaries. That means eggs have to be formed in chickens first

Okay... Chickens are hatched from eggs. From whence came the chicken that made the protein that causes the egg?

Comments

• said:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/07/14/chicken-egg-mystery-finally-cracked/?intcmp=prn_baynote-js_Chicken-and-Egg_Mystery_Finally_Cracked

Scientists cracked the puzzle after discovering that the formation of eggs is possible only thanks to a protein found in chicken's ovaries. That means eggs have to be formed in chickens first

Okay... Chickens are hatched from eggs. From whence came the chicken that made the protein that causes the egg?
    Philadelphia.
  • said:

said:

Philadelphia.
    Probably... That answer is as good as any other concocted so far. :)
  • It could be eggmmaculate conception but I'm not sure that would go over easy with Pope Benedict.
  • said:

It could be eggmmaculate conception but I'm not sure that would go over easy with Pope Benedict.

I'm sure that he is bacon the question...
  • I suppose I might as well stick my fork in this scrambled mess...

The Egg comes first. Evolution is driven my mutation and mutation in already living animals is called cancer. The sort of mutations that evolution can work with occur in NEW generations, where a mutation not only doesn't harm the zygote/fetus/newborn/adult, it turns out to be beneficial; thus allowing the new mutation to be propagated into succeeding generations.

And you know how hard boiled I can be about this stuff...
  • said:

And you know how hard boiled I can be about this stuff...

You need to learn to not be so serious and yolk about it sometimes.
  • What...?

I'm supposed to walk on eggs around here or something?
  • The rooster came first. Dumb motherfuckers.
  • Yeah, roosters do that all the time, I hear.
  • Does any body knows that for ancient Philosophers this was a causality dilemma or a big query that which came first egg or a chicken:rolleyes:
  • said:

Does any body knows that for ancient Philosophers this was a causality dilemma or a big query that which came first egg or a chicken:rolleyes:

OK...

A} Unless you want to claim "English as a second language" status, you need to pay more attention to sentence structure and syntax/ Otherwise it comes across like you're typing with a dick in your mouth. Mixed-Metaphorically speaking of course.

B} If you're asking whether we're aware that the "Chicken or Egg" question is both ancient and a generic question on the topic of causality; I will be forced to wonder what sort of ignorant douchebags you've become accustomed to spending time with.
  • said:

A} Unless you want to claim "English as a second language" status, you need to pay more attention to sentence structure and syntax/ Otherwise it comes across like you're typing with a dick in your mouth. Mixed-Metaphorically speaking of course.

B} If you're asking whether we're aware that the "Chicken or Egg" question is both ancient and a generic question on the topic of causality; I will be forced to wonder what sort of ignorant douchebags you've become accustomed to spending time with.

Don't try to teach the spammers how to post. It wastes your time and they're already gone.
  • said:

said:

Does any body knows that for ancient Philosophers this was a causality dilemma or a big query that which came first egg or a chicken:rolleyes:

OK...

A) Unless you want to claim "English as a second language" status, you need to pay more attention to sentence structure and syntax; otherwise it comes across like you're typing with a dick in your hand [mouth is a non-sequitur]. Mixed-Metaphorically speaking of course.

B) If you're asking whether we're aware that the "Chicken or Egg" question is both ancient and a generic question on the topic of causality; I will be forced to answer your question. [His question does not logically necessitate your reaction; many other reactions are possible, including the one I suggested.]
    Fixed.
  • said:

Don't try to teach the spammers how to post. It wastes your time and they're already gone.

But it amuses me.
  • said:

said:

said:

OK...

A) Unless you want to claim "English as a second language" status, you need to pay more attention to sentence structure and syntax; otherwise it comes across like you're typing with a dick in your hand [mouth is a non-sequitur]. Mixed-Metaphorically speaking of course.

I honestly can't tell...
    Did you MISS the fact that I INTENTIONALLY used the word "mouth" instead of "hand" when he was obviously tying instead of speaking; or did you just decide to ignore it in the hope that nobody would notice and you'd finally get to look clever? Was it MY fault? Was the Mixed-Metaphorically part not a sufficiently large lantern to hang on it?

B) If you're asking whether we're aware that the "Chicken or Egg" question is both ancient and a generic question on the topic of causality; I will be forced to answer your question. [His question does not logically necessitate your reaction; many other reactions are possible, including the one I suggested.]
    Fixed.

Correction. It is now broken.
    Maybe this is a little too complex for you, but the person doing the reacting gets to decide what his reaction would be.
    As for the rest, if you were dumb enough to think your "fix" was clever, then I see little point in wasting my time trying to explain my post to you, when it ALREADY went over your head once.

• said:

said:

But it amuses me.
    Well then by all means, have at it.
  • What is this Escher speaks of "wasting time"? :D
  • said:

What is this Escher speaks of "wasting time"? :D

Hey Mumbles...
    Next time you want to type something, take the dick out of your mouth first.
  • Did you know Jesus is especially fond of you, Escher? :)
  • The egg came first!

I never once heard:

"What came first? The Chicken or the Chicken Egg?"

So "Egg" can be any egg imho!

Therefore I am a genius and need a freaking medal!