Update From The Boy King

edited June 2011 in Help & Testing
This weekend, the forum software was switched from phpbb to punbb.

Because there is no PHPBB -> PUNBB conversion software I had to roll my own. While I was able to preserve the users, topics and posts, there were some things that didn't make it or were "corrupted" when switching.

[list=*]
[*]Existing posts have corrupted formatting (mostly BBcode errors)[/*]
[*]Existing posts have broken references to emoticons (smilies)[/*]
[*]No private messages were transferred (this was on purpose)[/*]
[*]Avatars were not transferred[/*]
[*]Signatures were not transferred[/*]
[*]Post attachments were not transferred[/*]
[*]Karma counts may be inaccurate[/*]
[/list]

I'm sure we'll find other problems but none of them should be game changers. The forum will feel a little wonky for a few weeks until the old corrupted threads/posts get pushed onto the second page.

Post here if you find any major problems.

Comments

• dgm also cannot log in or reset password.
  • My password won't work and I can't reset it :|
  • I tried that about 5 hours ago, still waiting on the email :o
  • An error was encountered

Unable to send e-mail. Please contact the forum administrator with the following error message reported by the SMTP server:
  • An error was encountered

Unable to send e-mail. Please contact the forum administrator with the following error message reported by the SMTP server:
  • FFFFFUUU I can't even post the damn error message

An error was encountered

Unable to send e-mail. Please contact the forum administrator with the following error message reported by the SMTP server

535 5.7.8 Error: authentication failed: authentication failure

Note: For detailed error information (necessary for troubleshooting), enable
  • That error should be fixed now. The service that I had farmed out the e-mails to was slow in "approving" my account.

Axe, I replied to your e-mail this morning with your new password.
    Peter, send me an e-mail npboards@gmail.com and I will reset your password.
  • Maxor, I served with Tutankhamun. I knew Tutankhamun. Tutankhamun was a friend of mine.

Maxor, you're no King Tut.
  • Hey fellas...I don't like this new place

I have trouble sleepin' at night. I have bad dreams like I'm falling. I wake up scared. Sometimes it takes me a while to remember where I am. Maybe I should get my gun, an, an rob the new NPB so they'd send me home. I could shoot maxor while I was at it, sort of like a bonus. I guess I'm too old for that sort of nonsense anymore. I don't like it here. I'm tired of being afraid all the time. I've decided not to stay. I doubt they'll kick up any fuss. Not for an old member like me.

*2.FOH. was here*
  • ^ post of the year (so far)
  • I couldn't get here from work...but home works *sigh of relief*
  • Are we going to have to do math every time we post?

And if so, can we change the questions?

"Does your family know that you're secretly a liberal democrat?" Yes/No:
  • You can add questions... and I have added a few silly ones. :D
  • How do you really know what my favorite color is?
  • I was kinda offended by the question I was asked...
  • said:

I was kinda offended by the question I was asked...

Come on, you can tell us your schnitzengruben limit. ;)
  • It asked me to press my breasts against the monitor for x amount of time. I'm pretty sure 2.DOH can still see me through my monitor and I was a bit put off.
  • I was trying to get the post math thing setup only for certain groups, but I guess it applied to everyone.

Actually, I thought I had turned it off this afternoon.
  • Information About Legacy Post Formatting

A lot of people are asking about the formatting of the old posts from the previous forum software. The old software (phpBB) stored information about the smilies and also quotations of previous posts, in a much different way than the current software (punBB). Due to this difference, the old posts (some as new as last week) can at times be unreadable.

I am working on a fix for the most recent posts that should help resolve the formatting issues. Some information about smilies and the specific citation of a quote might be lost, but readability should be restored.

- maxor
  • setjmp(p[1]),
    5-i>j&&((g[j]^g[j+1])&0xf?g[j]^=g[j]:(s+=((g[j]&0xf)>8&&f++,
    !!g[j]*i)),
    j++,
    longjmp(p[1])),
    i++,
    longjmp(p[3])),
    s=1^s?\"AACEDJQZHello World\"[s]-'A':!!f
  • said:

setjmp(p[1]),
    !!g[j]*i)),
    j++,
    longjmp(p[1])),
    i++,
    longjmp(p[3])),
    With some spacing and indentation this might not look like an entry for the obfuscated C contest. :P
  • said:

said:

setjmp(p[1]),
    !!g[j]*i)),
    j++,
    longjmp(p[1])),
    i++,
    longjmp(p[3])),
    With some spacing and indentation this might not look like an entry for the obfuscated C contest. :P
    HA!...I googled obfuscated C and just C&P'ed some junk to keep in the style of the broken link codes.

Nice catch.
  • For a second there I thought you were some 1337 C guy
  • said:

It asked me to press my breasts against the monitor for x amount of time. I'm pretty sure 2.DOH can still see me through my monitor and I was a bit put off.

FWIW, you don't have to press them against the monitor.

I can see them just fine from where you're sitting. :boink:

....could you just turn slightly to the left?
  • Just a heads up. www.npboards.com works fine.

Typing in just "npboards.com" into IE loads a white page with just black text (centered at the top) saying "Welcome to nginx."
  • said:

Just a heads up. www.npboards.com works fine.

Typing in just "npboards.com" into IE loads a white page with just black text (centered at the top) saying "Welcome to nginx."

Serves you right for using IE.

I tried the PW reset again, still waiting on the email, doesn't seem to be working...
  • Also maxor could you extend the character limit for thread titles? It's only 15-ish characters right now.
  • omg I'm back!
  • I was just accessing your account & there didn't seem to be any
    -thing out of order.

Weird.
  • said:

Just a heads up. www.npboards.com works fine.

Does that in FF3.6 too.
This discussion has been closed.