Carl Sagan's last interview

Comments

• Very good. I like his interpretations of confirmation and on biblical literalists.
  • said:

Very good. I like his interpretations of confirmation and on biblical literalists.[/quote:3ou64dff]

It is not surprising that Sagan would speak out against biblical literalists without ever really understanding that position well.

As a matter of position, we Christians either keep God on the throne or place ourselves there. Seeing as how the first "sin" was doing just that -- ignoring the literal word of God for a very human-reason-based exception -- we have some justification in saying, that as a tenet of faith, we will follow the Bible as God's Word literally.

• Youve gotta get your head out of these crazy ideas like sin and rights, man. Focus on real things, and how the world actually works.

I appreciate religion as aa cultural institution as much as the next guy, but come on, "gods word"? That term has no meaning.
  • said:

Youve gotta get your head out of these crazy ideas like sin and rights, man. Focus on real things, and how the world actually works.

I appreciate religion as aa cultural institution as much as the next guy, but come on, "gods word"? That term has no meaning.[/quote:2f9a8hu3]

Like I said in the other thread... :roll: