Where are all the Joos?

edited September 2009 in Religion & Philosophy
[quote="glfredrick":2bnswha1]Their influence is WAY out of proportion from the size of the people group, no matter where they reside.

I believe that as God's chosen people, this will always be the case. Also, history almost always seems to wrap itself around the plight of the Jewish people, like it or not.[/quote:2bnswha1]

---
Ashkenazi intelligence is the conjecture that the higher general intelligence measured in IQ tests of Ashkenazi Jews results from natural selection to extended historical persecution in Europe.

If it were not for some very smart Jewish folks we would have been faced with [i:2bnswha1]Operation Olympic[/i:2bnswha1] on November 1, 1945...

Comments

• Recently I was doing a study of the major religions of each country in the world. Consistently, there were majorities of Christians, Muslims, and, to a lesser extent, Buddhists and Hindus. By my survey, no other major religion enjoys a majority (or significant secondary) in any country save Judaism in Israel.

Judaism is extremely significant in the world's eye and in history. So much so that I expected Judaism to have at least 10% worldwide adherence. TIME Almanac 2009 and Jewish People Policy Planning Institute in 2007 say Jews account for 0.2% of the world population.

Why is my mental picture so different from reality? Is this why I don't meet many Jews?
  • You only think they're everywhere because they control everything.
  • said:

Why is my mental picture so different from reality? Is this why I don't meet many Jews?[/quote:254mo9my]

You don't see any Jews because they're typically behind you when they bend you over.

• LOL!

Except for the Orthodox Jews and several Messianic branches. Judaism is basically an excercise in anti Christianity.

They even tolerate Atheists Jews who deny God within the family of Judaism. But Jews for Jesus is blasphemy!
  • said:

Judaism is extremely significant in the world's eye and in history. [/quote:2ohqc7oq]

A lot of that extreme significance is in being reviled.

said:

So much so that I expected Judaism to have at least 10% worldwide adherence. [/quote:2ohqc7oq]

said:

Why is my mental picture so different from reality? Is this why I don't meet many Jews?[/quote:2ohqc7oq]

Do you live in a place with lots of jehudis?

I had a sec once who thought the US was about half white, a quarter black and a quarter jooish. I explained that once you get out of our immediate vacinity, the country was mostly "regular", i.e. white prots.

I read a book once called [i:2ohqc7oq]Episcocrats[/i:2ohqc7oq] that noted how in the 1980s joos and episcopalians had similar numbers in the US, about 2% each. And the US is a pretty jooish friendly place.

said:

LOL!

Except for the Orthodox Jews and several Messianic branches. Judaism is basically an excercise in anti Christianity.

They even tolerate Atheists Jews who deny God within the family of Judaism. But Jews for Jesus is blasphemy![/quote:2ohqc7oq]

You distinguish yourself.

• [quote:1a8dhg7l]Do you live in a place with lots of jehudis?[/quote:1a8dhg7l]
    Good point. Yeah, actually. There's a whole town nearby that is mostly Jewish, and that probably increases the Jewish significance outward a hundred miles.

By the way, I see your edit on the title, Zuk :P A guy I know says "Jewish" is the sound of a powerful toilet flushing.
  • said:

They even tolerate Atheists Jews who deny God within the family of Judaism. But Jews for Jesus is blasphemy![/quote:zynvwdv4]
    So much diminishment, so few words. Very impressive!

So much for 5000 years of history.

• Their influence is WAY out of proportion from the size of the people group, no matter where they reside.

I believe that as God's chosen people, this will always be the case. Also, history almost always seems to wrap itself around the plight of the Jewish people, like it or not.