Race in America

edited September 2009 in Religion & Philosophy
I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOU ARE!

YOU ARE THE MEASURE OF WHAT [i:i3flvn9f]YOU[/i:i3flvn9f] ARE.

How can anyone disagree?

Comments

• said:

YOU ARE THE MEASURE OF WHAT [i:9l70mcb3]YOU[/i:9l70mcb3] ARE.

[/quote:9l70mcb3]

DON'T GO FOR SECOND BEST BABY

PUT YOUR LOVE TO THE TEST

YOU KNOW YOU KNOW YOU'VE GOT TO

• I'm of the "one blood" school. http://www.onehumanrace.com But my reasons for this position have Biblical creationist overtones that a significant fraction of America does not agree with. We are all descendants of Noah (and Adam). We are all created in the image of God, with intrinsic value and worth, and created for a purpose. That last sentence also conflicts with many popular philosophies held by Americans. We have no room to claim some are "better" than others from this perspective.

Biologically, there is no difference between "races." Skin color, perhaps the most recognizable difference between "races," accounts for, like, one gene. We are all brown. Some are just more brown than others. I mark "white/Caucasian" on surveys that require an answer, but I'm not white like a sheet of paper. I'm light brown.

Many Americans believe that people are the sum total of their genetics, puppetted deterministically by their genes, so how they came to be is an important factor for who they are, so they will disagree with you, Veritas.

[quote:3k4kzqpx]I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOU ARE!

YOU ARE THE MEASURE OF WHAT YOU ARE.[/quote:3k4kzqpx]
    Looking closer, this can be read: 1) 'You' are the measure of 'what you are.' 2) I don't give a damn 'what you are.' 3) Therefore, I don't give a damn about 'you.' :shock:

Some may disagree with those sentiments ;) Heh.
  • said:

said:

YOU ARE THE MEASURE OF WHAT [i:2e2xer00]YOU[/i:2e2xer00] ARE.

[/quote:2e2xer00]

DON'T GO FOR SECOND BEST BABY

PUT YOUR LOVE TO THE TEST

YOU KNOW YOU KNOW YOU'VE GOT TO[/quote:2e2xer00]
    I hear Madonna is a materialist and so may disagree with Veritas' statement.