The Theory of God

edited August 2009 in Religion & Philosophy
[quote="glfredrick":3ic1vooy]Why? Theory is the stronger word -- akin to law, just unproven (and in this case, unprovable).[/quote:3ic1vooy]
[quote="BIKE":3ic1vooy]What does that make God?[/quote:3ic1vooy]
[quote="glfredrick":3ic1vooy]God...[/quote:3ic1vooy]
[quote="BIKE":3ic1vooy]No shit?[/quote:3ic1vooy]
[quote="glfredrick":3ic1vooy]Sounds like an argument to me... Sorry. I'm sticking to the OP on this one. You want to argue God, let's go, but make a new thread.[/quote:3ic1vooy]
A new thread, as requested :P

Carry on, gentlemen.

Comments

• I don't quite get what you two are going on about.

I don't think any theist has called God a theory. The existence of God is not a scientific proposition.

"What does that make 'purpose'?"
  • said:

I don't quite get what you two are going on about.

I don't think any theist has called God a theory. The existence of God is not a scientific proposition.

"What does that make 'purpose'?"[/quote:2837qg29]
    I was curious to see where they'd take that exchange, but it seems both have declined to continue. :|

• I'd continue if something meaningful had been posted, but so far, that has not happened. If this is the standard fare attack against God, I assume that he, being God, is big enough to take care of business on his own. If this is somehow an attack on my belief in God, well, I unashamedly believe in the God of the Bible, revealed through the Word and through the person, Jesus Christ.

What else is there to discuss? A "theory" about God? There is none -- and as I said in the other post, I never said there was, nor was I the one to invoke God in the discussion.